Sukhpaal

Lsd Come Down?

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys! Its been a few days since I had my LSD trip and weird things are happening. The trip was eye opening and amazing. But after that day, I’ve become super depressed for no apparent reason and sometimes I even cry. I’m assuming this could be a side effect from LSD withdrawal? (I have only done LSD once, which was few days ago) Thanks for the help guys!

I experienced something similar and my interpretation was that there is an overproduction of certain chemicals in the brain and when the trip wears off like 36h after taking it there might be some unusual depression because all chemicals are used up which shouldn't last that long. But I'm not an expert and it was just my interpretation. Happened only once of 3 trips. So I don't really know the reason.

Edited by Toby

That's just the natural function of homeostasis. After ups come downs.

The key is to see beyond states, moods, and emotions, at what is BEING.

Be careful with chasing positive states. All states start and end. They are not the Truth.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Sukhpaal Two days after my last LSD trip I bawled my eyes out the whole day, like I was mourning and griefing someone's death. This is just how growth feels, continously saying goodbye forever to the old parts of you that no longer serves you. 

12 hours ago, Toby said:

I experienced something similar and my interpretation was that there is an overproduction of certain chemicals in the brain and when the trip wears off like 36h after taking it there might be some unusual depression because all chemicals are used up which shouldn't last that long. But I'm not an expert and it was just my interpretation. Happened only once of 3 trips. So I don't really know the reason.

LSD alters serotonin signaling, yet I haven’t come across any evidence showing direct after effects to depression. Other chemicals, such as cocaine, clearly lower baseline dopamine levels causing depression and cravings.

In the case of Post LSD depression, rather than “A” causes “B”, I would predict it’s many factors (including the lsd trip) coming together to cause the depression episode. Our brains love to search for something out of the ordinary and assign it causation.

Edited by Serotoninluv

@Serotoninluv I think you’re on the money. I feel like its a combination of neurological chemicals and just my mind trying to go back to how it was before the trip. From what I’ve seen with other people is, most have an “after glow” effect for like a week after they took LSD. Whereas for me it has been the opposite, even though my trip was a great one. I feel that there are neurological chemicals at play but also just my mind trying to go back to how it was before.

Yeah i guess it all depends on the person. Most of my experiences have been positive, i did once have a challenging experience most would call bad but the next day i always felt great and fresh, like i was reborn again and this continued for weeks and the longer i kept focus on self actualization and spirituality ect... the longer the afterglow. Eventually just became a part of you since you are basically being reminded of what you already know but may have forgotten.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E