Revolutionary Think

Self Actualization In The Public Sphere

4 posts in this topic

Here's what confuses me watching Leo's latest video on psychedelics it really looks like he has a passion for coming up with ideas on how our society should be changed. I also do as well but, my ideas are different and I have some of them laid out in my blog over here http://bakshandehariel.wixsite.com/website. My question is why hasn't Leo tried to get his name out there a little more? I also am trying to do that but, it's extremely hard and in this low conscious society people tend to not pay attention to or outright ignore high conscious things. The only reason I knew about actualized.org and the YouTube channel is by random chance. I was looking for something like this for the longest time but, never knew this existed until I did.

Basically my search for truth and meaning came by watching religious people debate atheists. It came from a sense of fear about what happens when people pass away/die. So I watched debates with mainly rabbis (because I'm Jewish) debate atheists. I always thought to myself if the atheists were right then that would really suck because life would be pointless. It wasn't until I saw this flyer for an Atheist Jew who died and had an NDE (Near Death Experience) that all of a sudden I was so happy and I said to myself g-d exist and there is good evil and an afterlife. I thought to myself after listening to his story it made a lot of sense and I'd become an Orthodox Jew. Now this led a to a lot of trouble in my life because as a Conservative Jew we don't restrict ourselves as much as the Orthodox ones. Then I heard that anything to do with technology, turning on a light, and driving we couldn't do on Friday nights and Saturdays in the mornings and near the evening. This was a gigantic restriction that was frustrating me but, it was extremely important in Orthodox Judaism and I couldn't see myself doing it. Anyway to wrap this up I ended up not going through with it because I just couldn't bare the brunt of all the radical changes I had to make in my life. After that I saw this thing on the internet called Jumpcut academy were they teach you how to make a living on YouTube from being a viral star. When I joined the program I wanted to introduce important life changing topics but, that didn't seem what people were interested in. I made one friend in Jumpcut academy who seemed to have a self improvement page just like I did who introduced me to the Self-Actualization videos and that's when I found this community. Finally what I saw in Leo was the middle ground I was looking for in the religious people vs. atheists debate. He wasn't as strict and dogmatic as the religious people and unlike the amazing atheist on YouTube he wasn't just saying that everything was meaningless and nonsense and their are no profound truths out there. 

I'm just wondering why me, Leo and the people here on Actualized.org aren't getting any attention out there in the public sphere. I'm wondering why Leo never decided to go mainstream and why he wouldn't have a voice on at least a cable channel or maybe even a local news network in Las Vegas so more people know that people like him do exist. I'm just wondering where other people who feel lost in our crazy and unconscious society who are looking for something like this will actually ever have a chance to find it. 

Doesn't have to be truth just a place to find like minded people and get away from the nonsense I see on a day to day basis. 

@Revolutionary Think it was like, you telling your parents that all their beliefs are wrong and groundless. Of course, they would hate it, and will get you into trouble. I think preaching out there and pissing off people is not ideal. And i also think that most of the people here in Actualized.org became followers of Leo because they seek for it, they wanted answers and searched for it intrinsically.

People dont accept a thing (esp the seemingly unpleasant) because they were not ready.

Here's a nice quote: "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."