Wes Thoughts

Al-lad Trip Report: Perfect Introduction

21 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Heart of Space said:

You didn't write 'I think' before stating that part about physical addiction.  Weed might, MIGHT, have physical withdrawal symptoms with chronic use.  The general consensus is that it doesn't have any form of physical addiction properties.  The addiction if there is one is purely related to psychological reasons.  

With psychedelics yes there is the tolerance issue, but that just lessens the effectiveness of the drug, it doesn't stop people from taking it.  There are plenty of people who use LSD, for example, who clearly have addiction issues.  

11 hours ago, phoenix666 said:

@Heart of Space thank you for pointing out my lack of knowledge about weed. I wrote I THINK that you can become physically addicted to it, that's why you get withdrawal symptoms. less addictive than nicotine and caffein, yes, but addictive nonetheless. whereas you can't become physically addicted to shrooms or LSD because you built an immediate tolerance. at least, that's what I've read and heard.

From my personal experience they both lean toward the psychological side of addiction. Mostly due to not prioritizing your life purpose ahead of not being bored. I think LSD is an excellent tool for spiritual development when used in moderation. The more use = the less substantial the lessons are. I think weed is a useful tool to see things in a slightly different light. But usually ends up as a foggy distraction because it does not rip your ego out. (It is an amazing tool for regulating your sleep time LOL) I love them both, but I personally believe the end goal of these substances is to allow us to see reality in many different perspectives to raise our awareness. The tool we use to get there usually gets abused until it no longer serves us because humans like to attach to results to a physical process. Some people never get rid of their gym addiction and always need more until they harm themselves with steroids. Some people take more and more drugs until they realize its too late. Same with money. We just need to understand our own personal situations. You know when its a habit and not a tool, just learn your lessons from each tool and keep progressing :)