Wes Thoughts

Al-lad Trip Report: Perfect Introduction

21 posts in this topic

Well I thought I would share my first experience of AL-LAD for those interested.

So yesterday I took 150mcg of AL-LAD at 2:15pm. I have previous experience with psychedelics: LSD, mushrooms and from what I had researched I felt confident I could handle 150mcg for first try.

So the setting is me alone, solo trip, my roommate is out of town and I have no plans with anyone or anything just how I wanted it.

T-0:00 take 150mcg AL-LAD and pop on Leo's video of AL-LAD to refresh myself a bit on what I can expect to expect. His trip report in the video has me excited and feeling confident for what I can hope to expect. I am kind of nervous and anxious so I was just listening to Leo and pacing around my apartment for the next hour.

T+0:45 I was beginning to doubt anything real profound at all was going to happen. I kept asking myself and looking for signs of any effects and I felt nothing.

T+1:30 I am starting to notice darker shading of things and colors are starting to look more vivid along with slight trailing whenever I move or wave my hand in front of my face. The effects are very subtle and mild at this point and I couldn't help but wonder if I was going to be disappointed. I started to think that this was as hard as I was going to trip. I sat down and really just let reality hit me in the present moment. Just being real with myself and how I felt. I started to think that this is just how reality is and all this psychedelic bullshit, Leo's bullshit, meditation, positive thinking is all just bullshit on top of the same old boring existence I already know so well. But then to my delight as I kept looking for more signs of the effects they began to grow steadily stronger and more enjoyable as they did. I didn't really have much of a plan for what I wanted to do during this time so I just sat in front of my computer listening to music and inquiring within myself with whatever came to mind.

T+2:30 The effects are extremely noticeable at this point and probably the strongest they were throughout the whole trip. I am just sort of going with the flow. I feel great! Everything looks absolutely incredible. It looks as though I can see electricity infused within everything I look at. Subtle patterns, similar to when you close your eyes, are cascading across objects occasionally in the most subtle but beautiful way. I feel amazing. I had energy so I was standing in front of my window looking out and just reacting to how my body was feeling. I closed my eyes and started to just allow my body to do whatever it wanted to do. I found myself being drawn toward one side in a kind of playful way, something just felt good. I started to turn my body slowly in circles to pursue this feeling. Eventually I opened my eyes and realized I was spinning pretty fast and just threw myself onto my bed to stop it. I just had a minute or two of traditional dizzy feeling that was pretty intense but I just totally embraced it and it felt awesome. I laid on my bed in deep thought of how it didn't even feel like I was spinning until I had opened my eyes and realized that I was spinning. I was looking at my ceiling and it had just come alive now. Beautiful geometric colors and patterns rippling across ever so elegantly. Very electric looking again. The colors sort of have the "burn" effect to them. I just laid there and stared at my ceiling enjoying the show. 

T+3:30 The energetic happy playfulness and trip visual intensity has leveled out by this point. I put on a meditation by Rupert Spira titled The Borderless Field of Pure Sensitivity (from the Light of Pure Knowing meditations). Spira then led me through an experience unlike any I have ever had. I clearly saw how my body is just a conceptual projection. It almost felt as if I was if i was a nothingness being learning how to human from Spira. Unfortunately my attention span was very short and I could only do one of his meditations.

I then began to notice that I was trembling occasionally. It wasn't like a whole body shake as if something was really wrong with me physically, but more of a fear tension that I was holding in my throat area. I clenched my teeth together slightly and notice by jaw is trembling. I spent a long time trying to identify what this was and trying to accept it, fix it, allow it, ignore it. I have come to think it is some type of repressed sadness within myself that keeps showing itself during my trips. I even allowed myself to become very sad and cry if needed but I don't think that was the issue. I have had this issue with myself feeling shaky and I would really like to solve it.

T+5:00 I felt like I had done most of my heavy lifting that I wanted to do for the trip so I decided to try out my VR headset. I allowed myself to become totally immersed in it as though it were actual reality. I spent some time with this thing on my head and then out of no where the screen went totally black. I sat with the VR on my head in total blackness and watched myself as I began to grasp at something because I had become totally disoriented. I had a pretty deep insight as to how nothingness needs this reality to orient and ground itself somehow.

These were just a few moments I am recalling throughout my trip. Obviously there was much much more to it than just these moments I am sharing.

Summary:

- I had a moment where I looked closer at nothingness and it really scared me. Like I always had this picture of this stuff being all sunshine and rainbows  but when you look at nothingness its fucking scary, but yet I am strangely fascinated by it.

- I can see how nothingness needs reality to orient itself.

- I don't think this path is going to be all sunshine and rainbows like I had imagined.

- This reality will be here no matter how you look at it.

All in all, it was a great trip! I would highly recommend AL-LAD as a first time psychedelic for sure. The head space is very clear minded and controllable. You can let go and go deep and play with it or you can focus on traditional reality if needed.

I can't wait to explore further with this substance and hopefully gain further insights into the true nature of reality and consciousness.

Sounds like your AL-LAD is weak or you have a high tolerance for it.

For me that 150ug would have 5x the intensity you described and it would have started sooner and lasted longer.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Do you think it could be that I am just not as well educated on this type of material to get the type of insights you describe? I was hoping the psychedelic would just sort of show me the way but I felt like I still had to guide myself looking for insights that did not come effortlessly. Maybe try 225mcg next time? 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

For me that 150ug would have 5x the intensity you described and it would have started sooner and lasted longer.

For me, 150ug would have 1/2 the intensity he described. I’ve done Al-lad about four times. Its is the weakest of the lysergics I’ve tried. I need 300ug for moderate effects.

For me, Al-lad is like watered down coffee.

Edited by Serotoninluv

@Wes Thoughts No, I think your brain may just be less vulnerable to psychedelics. Which means you require higher dosages.

250ug of AL-LAD for me is full-blown nonduality, can barely walk or think straight. Deep deep stuff.

Or maybe your stuff is weak. Maybe they told you it was 150ug when really it is 50ug?

@Serotoninluv 300ug would be full-on insanity-mode for me. Deep ego death for sure.

@Leo Gura Do you know what your tolerance level is compared to most people's? I'm no expert, but from the trip reports I've read and people I've talked to, it seems to me you're more sensitive than most people. Idk tho

@username I am probably more sensitive than most, which is why I'm in this biz in the first place.

My working theory is that all brains have highly variable degrees of spiritual attunement. Which is why someone like Donald Trump probably couldn't recognize God if Jesus reincarnated and slapped him across the face.

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You've opened yourself up with 5-MeO-DMT, Martin Ball says that normal trip afterwards become like hours of 5-MeO again

@Leo Gura Have you ever smoked weed for meditative/inner work purposes? I found that after my psychedelic trips on for example truffels weed never was the same and could bring me into much much deeper state than before. I couldn't smoke it for fun anymore and we shouldn't because I instantly get in a trance which is not appropiate for the regular social setting.

I think I might just go for 300ug next time. Technically the stuff is safer than caffeine anyway.

On 10/16/2017 at 1:22 AM, Leo Gura said:

Yeah 100ug is very intense and deep for me, i seem to gain infinite wisdom and understanding of the universe with the right set/setting, i can definitely see ego death if i meditated or laid back in a dark room but my friends on the other hand they can enjoy a night out on 200ug. I couldn't imagine 200, i'm almost blinded by visuals, fractals and geometry at the peak of 100. The vibes of energy of things and people alone blow me away.

I guess after spiritual awakenings you become extremely sensitive, if i take a month break from cannabis it becomes really deep, psychedelic and enlightening as well. This was also noticeable after DMT but not as profound as when i had my first awakening.

B R E A T H E

@Principium Nexus No, I try to stay away from weed. It seems to become a chronic crutch for many people.

It's so true. I also think there are different grades of spiritual attunement. I think it's both something that you're just born with and how much you work on the spiritual path. some people seem to just naturally be more sensitive. then again, sensitivity is something you can work on. you become more sensitive by raising your awareness; by diminishing all the stimuli we're bombarded with in modern society and by turning inwards.

I took shrooms with my (now ex-_-) boyfriend two times. we took exactly the same amount and my trip went so much deeper. I experienced so much more mindfuck and insights. I went insane in front of his eyes whilst he 'was able' to stay almost completely 'clear and normal'. I realized that I was actually always sensitive for spiritual stuff, I was just not strong enough and therefor hiding behind a self constructed wall of distractions and BS. I also had two years Leo videos and meditation on my back, so no wonder I went deeper than him. 

thank you for sharing your experience with AL-LAD. I'm planning a trip with it in the next weeks and I am already very excited xD it's always beautiful to read about all the wonderful insights on this forum <3

whatever arises, love that

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Principium Nexus No, I try to stay away from weed. It seems to become a chronic crutch for many people.

Story of my life.  I can't keep the stuff around my house for that reason.  

That being said, if used in moderation it can be useful for gaining insight and understanding into how your mind works.  It's a good tool.  Plus, believe it or not, psychedelics become a chronic crutch for many people as well.  

@Heart of Space I think literally anything can become a chronic crutch for people. the problem with weed is, that you can become physically addicted to it on top of mentally. That can't happen with shrooms or LSD for example.

Edited by phoenix666

1 minute ago, phoenix666 said:

@Heart of Space I think literally anything can become a chronic crutch for people. the problem with weed is, that you can become physically addicted to it on top of mentally. That can't happen with shrooms or LSD for example.

The fuck are you talking about?  There's less risk of physical addiction than there is with coffee.  It's not even worth talking about, doofus.  

I'd bet my life that any slight physical addiction to cannabis is comparable to a physical addiction to any psychedelic from chronic use.  

@Heart of Space thank you for pointing out my lack of knowledge about weed. I wrote I THINK that you can become physically addicted to it, that's why you get withdrawal symptoms. less addictive than nicotine and caffein, yes, but addictive nonetheless. whereas you can't become physically addicted to shrooms or LSD because you built an immediate tolerance. at least, that's what I've read and heard.

6 hours ago, phoenix666 said:

@Heart of Space thank you for pointing out my lack of knowledge about weed. I wrote I THINK that you can become physically addicted to it, that's why you get withdrawal symptoms. less addictive than nicotine and caffein, yes, but addictive nonetheless. whereas you can't become physically addicted to shrooms or LSD because you built an immediate tolerance. at least, that's what I've read and heard.

You didn't write 'I think' before stating that part about physical addiction.  Weed might, MIGHT, have physical withdrawal symptoms with chronic use.  The general consensus is that it doesn't have any form of physical addiction properties.  The addiction if there is one is purely related to psychological reasons.  

With psychedelics yes there is the tolerance issue, but that just lessens the effectiveness of the drug, it doesn't stop people from taking it.  There are plenty of people who use LSD, for example, who clearly have addiction issues.