Al-lad Trip Report: Perfect Introduction

Wes Thoughts
By Wes Thoughts in Psychedelics,
Well I thought I would share my first experience of AL-LAD for those interested. So yesterday I took 150mcg of AL-LAD at 2:15pm. I have previous experience with psychedelics: LSD, mushrooms and from what I had researched I felt confident I could handle 150mcg for first try. So the setting is me alone, solo trip, my roommate is out of town and I have no plans with anyone or anything just how I wanted it. T-0:00 take 150mcg AL-LAD and pop on Leo's video of AL-LAD to refresh myself a bit on what I can expect to expect. His trip report in the video has me excited and feeling confident for what I can hope to expect. I am kind of nervous and anxious so I was just listening to Leo and pacing around my apartment for the next hour. T+0:45 I was beginning to doubt anything real profound at all was going to happen. I kept asking myself and looking for signs of any effects and I felt nothing. T+1:30 I am starting to notice darker shading of things and colors are starting to look more vivid along with slight trailing whenever I move or wave my hand in front of my face. The effects are very subtle and mild at this point and I couldn't help but wonder if I was going to be disappointed. I started to think that this was as hard as I was going to trip. I sat down and really just let reality hit me in the present moment. Just being real with myself and how I felt. I started to think that this is just how reality is and all this psychedelic bullshit, Leo's bullshit, meditation, positive thinking is all just bullshit on top of the same old boring existence I already know so well. But then to my delight as I kept looking for more signs of the effects they began to grow steadily stronger and more enjoyable as they did. I didn't really have much of a plan for what I wanted to do during this time so I just sat in front of my computer listening to music and inquiring within myself with whatever came to mind. T+2:30 The effects are extremely noticeable at this point and probably the strongest they were throughout the whole trip. I am just sort of going with the flow. I feel great! Everything looks absolutely incredible. It looks as though I can see electricity infused within everything I look at. Subtle patterns, similar to when you close your eyes, are cascading across objects occasionally in the most subtle but beautiful way. I feel amazing. I had energy so I was standing in front of my window looking out and just reacting to how my body was feeling. I closed my eyes and started to just allow my body to do whatever it wanted to do. I found myself being drawn toward one side in a kind of playful way, something just felt good. I started to turn my body slowly in circles to pursue this feeling. Eventually I opened my eyes and realized I was spinning pretty fast and just threw myself onto my bed to stop it. I just had a minute or two of traditional dizzy feeling that was pretty intense but I just totally embraced it and it felt awesome. I laid on my bed in deep thought of how it didn't even feel like I was spinning until I had opened my eyes and realized that I was spinning. I was looking at my ceiling and it had just come alive now. Beautiful geometric colors and patterns rippling across ever so elegantly. Very electric looking again. The colors sort of have the "burn" effect to them. I just laid there and stared at my ceiling enjoying the show.  T+3:30 The energetic happy playfulness and trip visual intensity has leveled out by this point. I put on a meditation by Rupert Spira titled The Borderless Field of Pure Sensitivity (from the Light of Pure Knowing meditations). Spira then led me through an experience unlike any I have ever had. I clearly saw how my body is just a conceptual projection. It almost felt as if I was if i was a nothingness being learning how to human from Spira. Unfortunately my attention span was very short and I could only do one of his meditations. I then began to notice that I was trembling occasionally. It wasn't like a whole body shake as if something was really wrong with me physically, but more of a fear tension that I was holding in my throat area. I clenched my teeth together slightly and notice by jaw is trembling. I spent a long time trying to identify what this was and trying to accept it, fix it, allow it, ignore it. I have come to think it is some type of repressed sadness within myself that keeps showing itself during my trips. I even allowed myself to become very sad and cry if needed but I don't think that was the issue. I have had this issue with myself feeling shaky and I would really like to solve it. T+5:00 I felt like I had done most of my heavy lifting that I wanted to do for the trip so I decided to try out my VR headset. I allowed myself to become totally immersed in it as though it were actual reality. I spent some time with this thing on my head and then out of no where the screen went totally black. I sat with the VR on my head in total blackness and watched myself as I began to grasp at something because I had become totally disoriented. I had a pretty deep insight as to how nothingness needs this reality to orient and ground itself somehow.   These were just a few moments I am recalling throughout my trip. Obviously there was much much more to it than just these moments I am sharing. Summary: - I had a moment where I looked closer at nothingness and it really scared me. Like I always had this picture of this stuff being all sunshine and rainbows  but when you look at nothingness its fucking scary, but yet I am strangely fascinated by it. - I can see how nothingness needs reality to orient itself. - I don't think this path is going to be all sunshine and rainbows like I had imagined. - This reality will be here no matter how you look at it. All in all, it was a great trip! I would highly recommend AL-LAD as a first time psychedelic for sure. The head space is very clear minded and controllable. You can let go and go deep and play with it or you can focus on traditional reality if needed. I can't wait to explore further with this substance and hopefully gain further insights into the true nature of reality and consciousness.          
  • 20 replies