abrakamowse

My Path To Somewhere, I Hope...

183 posts in this topic

I need to post the rest of the story but I am getting busy on my new design company (freelance).

Yesterday I was sad because I felt I was far from enlightened and I had a lot of negative thoughts about not being enlightened.

And at some point I felt like an insight saying "Stop feeding the beast!!!"

:/

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@abrakamowse From reading your posts it's evident you've been initially self-realized/ awakened. This is a good place to be, so don't feel discouraged. Leo will be posting a video on the stages of enlightenment soon, so we can learn and grow into yet higher awareness. As he said to take this process in baby steps and to enjoy the journey.

Also, keep referring to Ayla's 'Mind Attack After Initial Seeing' when it feels tough. Helps me a lot. Hugs    

Thanks @Natasha,  I am reading a pdf file I found on a forum from the implicate technology center in England and is helping me a lot. I think the problem is that the process is slow and my ego gets anxious.  Lol.  Thanks again!!!!!

P.S.: You can check the pdf files here, they seem pretty good and very practical.

http://theimplicatetechnologycentre.co.uk/

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@abrakamowse We will wait :)
I would advise not to concentrate on enlightenment itself. It is an experience, you can come up with a conclusion intellectually and slowly build up yout meditation skills (if you can say so) and then one day that experience will hit you. Plus they say you can`t find enlightenment, when you are looking for it. Self-inquiry itself is very powerful. I was able to make a big progress using only this one method. It also helps to reduce the ego influence a lot.
Don`t give up!

@All_Around_Me  Thanks!!! When I do self inquiry I just ask "who am I", I don't know if there's more methods to do it. Did you see any interesting method in youtube or read on a book? I am going on thursday to a zen meditation center, I will ask them about it.

Thanks for your encouraging words!!!! @All_Around_Me and @Natasha  

@abrakamowse
You are welcome) Also you can ask yourself what will happen after the death. Actually a lot of things may help. You can make self-analysis by wondering why there are some things that you can tell about and why there are some that you can`t tell anybody, why you are using certain words or why certain thoughts or emotional reactions appear, were they really the result of external or of something inner, and what exactly creates them. I would recommend to observe yourself all the time, your own words, actions and emotions and to dig deeper and deeper. All of that helped me to reduce ego-influence.

Cool @All_Around_Me thanks, that's great help. Nice.

:)

This is the place I am going today, I'll meet @Neill there if everything goes as planned.

http://www.daibosatsu.org/newyorkzendo.html

Edited by abrakamowse

Really awesome the zazen meditation at the New York Zendo temple with @Neill . It was really fun to meet Neill in person, he's really great guy, and we were meditating with robes and everything like professionals, hahaha...

I found some pics on the web, I couldn't take pics and because it was the first time there I just focused on the teachings, next time I will take some pics.

This is the place, really cool. And today when I woke up I felt like if I was there, and when I was going to pick something to go to work I felt like I was bowing to the object, like a reverence to life hehehe... funny but cool.

27.jpg

E-67th-223-New-York-Zendo-TA01.jpg

E-67th-223-New-York-Zendo-TA04.jpg

tumblr_mv1v0jjBtS1rvs849o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0yctc2pnu1rvs849o3_1280.jpg

The  girl in that picture was the one who taught us about sitting properly and meditation techniques.

tumblr_n0yctc2pnu1rvs849o7_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0yctc2pnu1rvs849o9_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0yctc2pnu1rvs849o10_r1_1280.jpg

Edited by abrakamowse

@Natasha,  we didn't take pictures,  lol...  I know,  we r dumb. Next time we will take some and post them. That pictures are from a blog I found. 

@Natasha  cool.  I let u know. 

?

On 5/28/2016 at 8:13 PM, Natasha said:

@abrakamowse I'd like to visit the place too.. next time you guys go, let me know.  

I'll be there at least twice a week, probably on Wednesdays/Fridays/Saturdays. Just send a heads up if you plan on coming one of those days!

2 minutes ago, Neill said:

I'll be there at least twice a week, probably on Wednesdays/Fridays/Saturdays. Just send a heads up if you plan on coming one of those days!

Thought you guys went there for a retreat. I live in Florida and could fly over to NY for a 1-2 week retreat. Abra said he'd let me know when/ if they hold one. Would be fun to see you guys there :)

9 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Thought you guys went there for a retreat. I live in Florida and could fly over to NY for a 1-2 week retreat. Abra said he'd let me know when/ if they hold one. Would be fun to see you guys there :)

Ohh you meant the retreat upstate, not the local center in nyc. I'm aiming for the 9/24 – 10/1 session.

Edited by Neill

3 minutes ago, Neill said:

Ohh you meant the retreat upstate, not the local center in nyc. I'm aiming for the 9/24 – 10/1 session.

9/24 - 10/1 is a retreat date at the Zendo?