My Path To Somewhere, I Hope...

183 posts in this topic

Reading the several books at the same time

:P

1) The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are ~ Alan Watts

2) The Bhagavad Gita

3) The Lamp of Non Dual Knowledge

4) The Essence of Ribhu Gita

5) The Practice of the Presence of God: The Wisdom and Teachings of Brother Lawrence

6) The Fast Lane Entrepeneur

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

I really have no idea what I am doing, but I am doing it anyway.

I am trying to focus on awareness, observing everything as the witness.

And meditating everyday half hour or more. And when I meditate I do mindful meditation with self inquiry.

I also do meditation observing an object, like a candle, a glass of water, etc...

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

I did the do-nothing meditation. I could reach to a point where I didn't feel my body. I was just the mind, but I could do it like 10 minutes, after that I couldn't meditate again.

Will try that again tonight.

The question as to what causes the illusion of things has already assumed the existence of a thing that could cause the illusion.

Apparent ignorance is causeless - because there is no real ignorance.

On 9/1/2017 at 11:18 AM, abrakamowse said:

The question as to what causes the illusion of things has already assumed the existence of a thing that could cause the illusion.

Apparent ignorance is causeless - because there is no real ignorance.

I think illusion is not what the mind 'sees' as existing (existence is every-thing, including no-thing), but the meaning the mind ascribes to it. Like, my dog that's sitting next to me, exists, but it's really not a dog. The mind labels it as such and thus makes up an illusion. Take the mind out of it and what left is simply what is.   

Edited by Natasha

@Natasha  It seems to me that the mind needs something to hold on, because of fear. It can't be alone without creating a "reality" and it does that by labeling, that's true. Is always looking for something.

Today I realized that I have to stop desiring enlightenment. I mean, I knew that from the beginning. But is like today I had a certainty that I really need to stop wishing enlightenment. Because in the desire itself it is the "thing" that prevents enlightenment to happen.

Thanks for your input! Really good pointer.

Meditation everyday.

Everything we do apart us from what is. So, do we have to become desire-less before reaching enlightenment?

My mind is lost. It doesn't know what to do. 

I am the observer of it, but I am not my mind.

So many opinions, so many paths and ways. Everybody says different things about enlightenment.

It's time to stop listening to everything and everyone, and begin searching inside oneself. Abide in the self.

Have a wonderful weekend.

4 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

So many opinions, so many paths and ways. Everybody says different things about enlightenment.

It's time to stop listening to everything and everyone, and begin searching inside oneself. Abide in the self.

Have a wonderful weekend.

It’s the only way friend. 

There is no path already paved for you to follow that leads to enlightenment. 

If you really want to be technical it’s pathless. It’s simple. Perhaps to simple which makes it difficult. 

Start with understanding yourself. 

Dont accept anybodys authority. Not ANYBODY 

Go it all alone. And If your compelled to learn from another be very careful. Pay attention to there demeanor and conduct as well as what they have to say. You will know when one is genuine or not if your pay attention. 

You will be fine. Just chill/observe?

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless  Thank you very much! I think I was needing to chat with you, you helped me to clarify the mind.

I was not having confidence in my self and I was lost because of that. I know that now.

I appreciate that! Thanks Faceless!

:)

Edited by abrakamowse

Today while meditation I got to a level of concentration that I never achieved before.

Nice. I have to continue working on that.

"I wonder what you mean when you use the word 'I'? I have been very interested in this problem for a long long time; and I have come to the conclusion that what most civilised people mean by that word is a hallucination, that is to say, a false sense of personal identity that is at complete variance with the facts of Nature. And as a result of having a false sense of identity we act in a way that is inappropriate to our natural environment, and when that inappropriate way of action is magnified by a very powerful technology we swiftly begin to see the results of a profound discord between man and Nature.

[...] and we have not realised therefore that our environment is not something other than ourselves. In assuming that it is we have made a great mistake and are now paying the price for it. [...] because we have the strong sensation that our own being inside our skin is extremely different from the world outside our skin. That while there may be intelligence inside human skins and while there may be values and loving feelings, outside the skin is a world of mechanical process which does give a damn about any individual and which is basically unintelligent [...]. But it does not occur, you see, to the ordinary civilised person to regard himself - or herself -- as an expression of the whole universe. [...]

You go with your environment in the same way as your head goes with the rest of your body. [...] But in the ordinary way, we don't feel it; that is to say, we don't have a vivid sensation of belonging to our environment in the same way that we have a sensation of being an ego inside a bag of skin located mostly in the skull, about half way between the ears and a little way behind the eyes. And it issues in these disastrous results of the ego which, according to nineteenth-century common sense, feels that it is a fluke in Nature and that if it does not fight Nature it will not be able to maintain its status as intelligent fluke. [...]

Using symbols and using conscious intelligence - scanning (Nature) - has proved very useful to us. It has given us such technology as we have, but at the same time it has proven too much of a good thing. At the same time we've become so fascinated with it that we confuse the world as it is with the world as it is thought about, talked about and figured about, that is to say, with the world as it is described. And the difference between these two is vast. And when we are not aware of ourselves except in a symbolic way, we are not related to ourselves at all. We are like people eating menus instead of dinners. [...]

So then we get back to the question of 'What do we mean by "I"?'. Well first of all, obviously, we mean our symbol of ourselves. Now, ourselves in this case, is the whole psychophysical organism, conscious and unconscious, plus its environment. That's your real Self. Your real Self, in other words, is the Universe as centred on your organism. That's you. [...] You are not a puppet which your environment pushes around, nor is the environment a puppet which you push around. They go together, they act together.[...] We are only rarely aware of this as when in curious alterations of consciousness which we call mystical experience, cosmic consciousness... An individual gets the feeling that everything that is happening is his own doing, or the opposite of that feeling, that he isn't doing anything; but that all his doings - his decisions and so forth - are happenings of Nature. You can feel it either way. You can describe it in this two completely opposite ways but you are talking about the same experience. You are talking about experiencing your own activity and the activity of Nature as one single process. [...]"

"Through our eyes, the universe is perceiving itself. Through our ears, the universe is listening to its harmonies. We are the witnesses through which the universe becomes conscious of its glory, of its magnificence."

Alan Watts

The so called self-realization is the discovery for yourself and by yourself that there is no self to discover. That will be a very shocking thing because it's going to blast every nerve, every cell, even the cells in the marrow of your bones.

UG Krishnamurti

Meditation.jpg

I am not sure if my path is following Non-duality or Christianity

I feel lost as usual. 

I found Non-duality to have a lot of common things with Christ sayings, but I feel that somehow focusing in Christ and praying makes me more aware than meditation.

But I am not sure, maybe is time to practice and see via direct experience.

Some insights that arose when meditating and being silent, mostly in my mind.

I realized that awareness (God/Reality) is the doer. The jiva or atman doesn't do anything, he thinks he is the doer. But everything he does is a reflection from the source or Brahman or Iswara.

So in reality is Iswara who does everything. I wasn't sure about this insight so I googled it to see other views on this point. Because I always heard that awareness does nothing.

And I found this:

"A being enlightened to a certain level knows that he or she is not the doer, that God is, Sri Ramakrishna tells us:

“Do you know the attitude of one who has realized God? He feels: ‘I am the machine, and Thou, O Lord, art the Operator. I am the house and Thou art the Indweller. I am the chariot and Thou art the Driver. I move as Thou movest me; I speak as Thou makest me speak.'” (4)

If God is everything, then we are God and God must be the doer. But what’s lacking is our realization of that fact."

https://goldenageofgaia.com/2016/12/08/god-alone-doer/

I just found a post from a user confirming what I have discovered. Things begin to appear, ideas that I had never contemplated are coming to me. 

Anyway, I know everything is just a story.