Viking

Let Me Know What You Think

3 posts in this topic

He is talking much about the mindfulness practice done for clinical usage and for some kind of utility. Also, all the studies done on mindfulness are based on just a 15 day or 30 day mindfulness practice, which is not really sufficient to test its effectiveness and the results it can produce on a long term basis. He seems to be more interested in criticizing how mindfulness is over hyped in media and how it is offered as a solution for everything.

But he doesn't sound like a seeker. He is not talking about the effectiveness of mindfulness towards a spiritual awakening either. Mindfulness, when practiced for some kind of utility or gain may not produce the same results as mindfulness practiced for the sole reason of spiritual awakening.

If you are interested in spiritual awakening, if you are really seeking to merge with the absolute reality and to transcend the limitations of feeling like a separate individual, then mindfulness is the best. I can say this by my own experience and also based on the reports of countless people. So, you don't have to worry about what that article says. He is just talking about the over hyped clinical mindfulness practiced to gain a particular benefit which is not at all related to what everyone in this forum are seeking.

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1