nightrider1435

Seeing A Small White Light During Mediation

19 posts in this topic

So for a while now I usually see this small dot of white light while in a deep meditative state. Looks similar to this: 

black_dot.JPG 

I'm just curious to see what you guys have to say. Whenever I do see this light, its usually very brief, mainly because my mind just gets excited when I see it and it goes away. This light usually shows itself when I'm in a highly focused deep state, I do vipassana mediation. It's been a cycle of watching it come and go. Its sort of difficult to sit down and mediate without trying to seek this out now, the mind can't even help itself. It wants to know what the fuck it is, and how to get closer to it... lol.   

@nightrider1435 the same thing is happening to me. Did you figure out what it meant? I know it’s been 2 years since you posted it. I want to know if seeing that dot changed anything for you? 

Thank you! 

Is this related to the star between the eyebrows you think? From kryia yoga

Our eyeballs has a hole all the way in the back where the optic nerve goes through.

Edited by SgtPepper

I think its a cue that your concentration abilities have improved a lot.

The kriya yoga book most people use to learn kriya mentions this also. If you're concentration improves as you practice, a white light might appear that is a sign you have reached some kind of point where the mind creates a white dot for some reason. I personally haven't yet reached this state but I've only practiced kriya for a couple of months

To be honest, I think there are many different of such phenomena which are not necessarily related.
I have multiple examples of this.
During usual meditations I tend to see this colors that are very aura like blue, indigo or sometimes red, that could be related to chakras in some way.
During Do Nothing meditation I even see these colors with my eyes open and that already started way back like 4 years ago.
As the previous post says during Kriya Yoga I also have some very interesting bright light effect appearing when I start holding my breath and cover all opening of the body and I feel like it might be the continuation of some sorts of this dot you are seeing, because I have seen it some years ago as well a few times when I meditated for very long periods of time.
Also what I've had for a long time already are these pulsing flashes of white light all over my field of vision and also with closed eyes, which are incredibly fast flashes. They appear when I feel like I have a really high frequency at that time, also usually when I shower.

14 hours ago, Vency said:

@nightrider1435 the same thing is happening to me. Did you figure out what it meant? I know it’s been 2 years since you posted it. I want to know if seeing that dot changed anything for you? 

Thank you! 

@Vency I'm still not sure what it could mean, I still experience this during my mediation practice. My dark night of the soul was peaking when I posted this. I have been treading some of the darkest deepest pits that words can't even describe. Overall from what I can notice is that my life is improving as the years go by, slowing moving from the darkness into the light.

@nightrider1435 do you practice any specific kind of meditation? 

I don’t practice any specific kind. I saw where people mentioned kriya yoga, I would need to look into that. All I do is sit silently for 20 min and the white dot appears in a few min. Some days I see a indigo/violet light in the shape of a tunnel expanding. And I have the urge to open my eyes which makes the white dot go away but then it comes back again. Just want to know what it means. 

some days I could just be sleeping and not meditating and I see the white dot, which makes it hard for me to sleep. 

I have also experienced flashes of lights on top of me when I sleep.

i know and heard that these are all good signs but just wanted to see where it is going to take me. 

I really hope the dark times end for you soon because I have been there and God send me help to get me out of it. Soon he will send you help too. Keep having faith! 

1 hour ago, Vency said:

I really hope the dark times end for you soon because I have been there and God send me help to get me out of it. Soon he will send you help too. Keep having faith! 

@Vency God in no other then you. God sent a message through himself to himself.:)

4 hours ago, Vency said:

@nightrider1435 do you practice any specific kind of meditation? 

I practice vipassana mediation, concentration of the breathe.

4 hours ago, Vency said:

I don’t practice any specific kind. I saw where people mentioned kriya yoga, I would need to look into that. All I do is sit silently for 20 min and the white dot appears in a few min. Some days I see a indigo/violet light in the shape of a tunnel expanding. And I have the urge to open my eyes which makes the white dot go away but then it comes back again. Just want to know what it means. 

You could be seeing your third eye or crown chakra.

4 hours ago, Vency said:

i know and heard that these are all good signs but just wanted to see where it is going to take me. 

No one knows where any of this is going but like you said, faith. :)

On 14/10/2017 at 11:20 PM, cetus said:

On 14/10/2017 at 11:20 PM, cetus said:

@nightrider1435 That's God. Can you merge with the light?

@cetus  Hi Cetus,

This is a very old post. I am also seeing this very small white dot that goes away quickly. When you said "to merge with the light" What do you mean ?

Should i try to concentrate more on the dot ?

That’s the nimitta. Ignore it until it dances and expands, etc.

On 14/10/2017 at 2:44 PM, nightrider1435 said:

So for a while now I usually see this small dot of white light while in a deep meditative state. Looks similar to this: 

black_dot.JPG 

I'm just curious to see what you guys have to say. Whenever I do see this light, its usually very brief, mainly because my mind just gets excited when I see it and it goes away. This light usually shows itself when I'm in a highly focused deep state, I do vipassana mediation. It's been a cycle of watching it come and go. Its sort of difficult to sit down and mediate without trying to seek this out now, the mind can't even help itself. It wants to know what the fuck it is, and how to get closer to it... lol.   

I also “see” that light. I don’t actually see it like I see objects with my eyes, but I sense it getting bigger and bigger inside my “head” (not just the head, but also my whole body), and as it grows it clears my being more and more. But of course I get excited, my heart starts beating faster, then my mind starts questioning the validity of what I’m experiencing.

I haven’t reached that state in a long time, though, because I’m currently going through a rough patch in my life, full of worry, stress and sadness which are overwhelming my mind.

I hope to find that place again soon.