Martin123

Research Of Psychedelics

23 posts in this topic

Ive been doing a uni assignment, the topic is “use of psychedelics in Mental health”.

Ive been having a little bit of trouble coming up with relevant contemporary academic research, since paychedelics are still difficult to test due to stigma and legal issues.

So I figured I would ask psychonauts of this forum. 

If you have any useable resources, please share! :)

Thank you so much!

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@Martin123 I posted a video yesterday on the 5-MEO-DMT mega thread if you want to check that out. The guy was one of the volunteers for the research study.

@Martin123 you’re probably already familiar with him, but just in case, Graham Hancock is a great resource for this. Godspeed! Also, have you done a high enough dose of shroom tea? (Or other more preferable safe substance)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

There is a treasure trove of research on Martin Ball's podcasts from his Exploring Psychedelics Conferences. See all the past years recordings.

Also see the Change Truth YT channel.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Martin123 you’re probably already familiar with him, but just in case, Graham Hancock is a great resource for this. Godspeed! Also, have you done a high enough dose of shroom tea? (Or other more preferable safe substance)

I was not familiar with him. He looks very interesting but I am kind of limited by being able to use strictly academic research material. Quite a shame. I am aware how many jewels especially for psychedelics are out there.

ed: It is quite unfortunate, just to mention, that the entire scientific paradigm gets blown up by psychedelic experiences, yet the academic material is a really pathetic grain of sand of the ocean psychedelics have to offer. Better yet, the research was gaining on potency in the 1960s, and then Nixon said "yeah fuck you! " :D, and wiped the ground with it, leaving us 40 years behind.
Just imagine the potential if the research from the 1960s was allowed to flower. Where would today's mental health field be with that! Surely there would be an alternative to today's crisis. And that is only a beginning.
Imagine the ripple effects in other areas. If psychedelics weren't stigmatized, just imagine culture, religion, politics... all of this would have been potentially long reformed.
Now we are 40 years behind! 
Guys, this is serious business! :D Get your mushroom teas asap! (Im joking of course... but I couldn't help myself but leave a little comment about that :-p ) 

Edited by Martin123

@cetus56 Yeah but it'd be going a little too off-topic. The aim is therapeutic use of psychedelics. I'd rather focus on academic evidence of the treatment of depression and other disorders, and substance abuse.
I already stumbled upon some good things, so I'm all set I feel :-) 

But thanks everyone for help, I found some great useful things through all of your guyses resources.

1 minute ago, pluto said:

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies

http://www.maps.org/

58 minutes ago, JustinS said:

Here is the MAPS youtube channel. Lots of cool presentations of studies. 

https://www.youtube.com/user/mapsmdma/videos

Maps is a resource I wasn't able to use too well. Most of their studies are ongoing. It takes ages to get funding for psychedelics cuz of the goddamn stigma. There are people who publish articles about psychedelics being effective and they lose their jobs over it.