Joseph Maynor

What Do You Think About The Belief That You Were Never Born?

37 posts in this topic

Did you have any resistance to that statement?

My resistance was an illusion or in other words I wasn't resisting what you were saying, it was deliberate and I am definitely not the architect.

What do you think the resistance is?

It is fascinating to watch.

Edited by Brimstone

On 10/13/2017 at 0:04 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

Thoughts?

Nope

The ego dies only to be reborn again. ~ Evelyn Underhill

@Joseph MaynorContemplate that quote.

The body is not the mind. The brain is the grounding platform for the mind, for the personality. Mind is the software. Body is the biological hardware.

Body= 3 dimensions

Mind= 4 dimensions (duality, past-future,good-bad...)

The ego(self) is a story line of a character on a timeline of the mind (4th dimension).

Linear time is an illusion because everything is happening is the now moment and that's the only moment is existence.

I am born and reborn from moment to moment to moment, millions of times per second. :P 

You are not the body, you are not the mask (personality) you're wearing.

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

How is it real?

It isn't, which is the point I was making. Perspective twists and turns pushes and pulls and says this is right and that is wrong, blah blah blah.

The only Truth is that which is Absolute, and that is Absolute. 

How does Absolute love favour unreal over real?

@Joseph Maynor Interesting!

Last month I had this insight actually. I was self inquiring, and the conversation with myself went like this (I wrote it down right after):

Observer me: "What am I?"

Observed me: "The body!"

Observer me: "Why do I think that I am the body?"

Observed me: "Because I was born with a body."

Observer me: "Look in your direct experience now!"

Observed me: "I was never born. Im just here! Im always here (omg)!"

This was a huge hint. I actually later realised the importance of the insight. Of course the body was born, no doubt about that. You didn't just randomly spawn in an adult body. But the insight told me im not the body. In direct experience you can't be "born". You're just there mate! Its so funny... :)

Edited by Vitamine Water

The art is to look without looking 

I had this insight a while back regarding this:

You start some RPG game with some character. The character is 20 years old. You assume your character was born someday in this game world. Another character in the game might even tell you that. You, the one playing the game, never witnessed your character being born. Nor did any programmer program the birth of the character.

'Real' life is the same.

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

16 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Vitamine Water that’s awesome.    I’ve never experienced being anything but the one. I’ve also never experienced that there is anything outside of my awareness. 

Thats a great way to live life man. It seems so clear and pure to always rest in that awareness...no one can touch or hurt you, bacause you are One. Everything is Love. Thats what I specifically like about you, my friend. I hope to someday get to that point too...namaste!

The art is to look without looking 

@Joseph Maynor Born is just a phase of transformation, like death. We are not instantly born neither do we die in one go. It's all a gradual process, meaning parts of us die.

If we die piece by piece then are we really who we think we are?

In short, we are not a single entity, all our cells die and refresh every 7 years. Death is an illusion, we are already being reborn and dying every moment.

On 10/13/2017 at 1:04 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

This is a bit weird, but it does seem to have some interesting legs when you inquire into it.  If we look at your awareness, you don't know that you were born directly.  That comes from testimony of others.  You do not directly recollect being born.  This means that your birth -- to you -- can be nothing but thought, and all thought is false existentially speaking.  Therefore, it is a false that you were born.  Thoughts?

Going back to the topic (title) ....the belief would not be that you were never born.....that you were born would be a belief (not direct experience).  Something that was never born can not create something that is born, something that is only one can not create something that is two. Even the ant is the one. Illusion, though finite, certainly does appear infinite, but things are not what they appear to be. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE