Pelin

Weird Feeling

10 posts in this topic

Several times in a day I feel my body, my senses, and my consciousness (or mind?) are detaching. I feel like I'm watching a video, for example, and my eyes see it, my ears hear it, I'm following and understanding it, but at the same time I'm separate.

The hands are my hands, but when I touch my hand, I feel like not me, another person touches it.

I'm here and now, but at the same time I'm like nowhere at all. It's all blank. 

It's quite subtle though, but very weird and I don't know what to do with it, or is it something good or bad. Anyone experiencing anything similar?

@Brimstone

So awesome! What an amazing speech by him!

Reminds me of my childhood right after I graduated from the 5th grade. It was during the summer vacation when I was at my cousin's house in KY. Nature is beautiful there. I was running through the bluegrass freely, doing arts and crafts, and writing a lot. I discovered what I was good at there because I let myself go free and did stuff naturally. No one was telling me what I can or cannot do. A special type of big insect was chirping in the trees that had a special type of rhythm to it. It sounded like a sprinkler system with rhythm. I could've danced to that rhythm and no one would judge cause I was still a child. We are free. We just have to think back to a time in our lives when we did things freely and apply them to our lives now - without thinking about the deadlines or how much money we'll get - without any hard and fast rules. Then, things will fall into place.

That is so beautiful @Key Elements

It reminded me of going to raves, just closing your eyes, and surrendering to the energy, I was good at that, or at least the ego used to think so. Struggles always returned when I opened my eyes though. 

Its funny you say think back to a time you were that, it was actually making a decision to surrender my control to my 3 year old daughter and just follow her and go at her pace that it all dropped away so can definitely see massive benefits of being more child like so thank you for the reminder. 

In gratitude

@Brimstone thank you for the insect rave, I really liked it. and so I agree with both you and  @Key Elements that sometimes childhood state of mind is really precious. But I also see people act recklessly and get away with it saying they "keep the inner child alive". We must be true to ourselves first.

I guess I haven't felt this free my whole life. I've started to see things from a broader perspective and I'm not even making an effort to make myself better, as the first picture quote says. But I feel like I've started to see the patterns of life and it's freeing.

The insect rave is funny as hey @Pelin . I liked  the end when centipede fell over trying to recapture the moment and buggy thought he was funny showing the effortlessness of being. 

It sounds like you are in a very beautiful space. :)

On 13/10/2017 at 8:43 AM, Pelin said:

@Key Elements that sometimes childhood state of mind is really precious. But I also see people act recklessly and get away with it saying they "keep the inner child alive". We must be true to ourselves first.

Yes, I agree on this point. There was a point in my life where I learned that life is a school. Life is the "biggest" teacher, and we all know that in school, there is structure and healthy boundaries. Without figuring out our healthy boundaries in life, we would not get the most out of life. We could become reckless, and in the end it could feel humiliating. However, too much structure and boundaries will lead to stress and frustration, and therefore, getting in touch with the "inner child" within could reveal more wisdom.