Samuel Garcia

Why Isn't The Truth Obvious?

37 posts in this topic

@Maxx @Nahm so it really boils down to dropping all beliefs, right? but how do you actually go through the process of unknowing? I started telling myself 'I don't know who I am' 'I don't know how to stop thinking' 'I don't know why I am here and why I do what I do'. but it's like deep down there is a very strong part of me that thinks to know all those things.

whatever arises, love that

@phoenix666 take a large sheet of paper, make two columns; belief - and experienced. Start putting things in columns. Be RADICALLY honest and RADICALLY open minded with which column you place your mental items in. Do this, and it becomes obvious. Think of doing this, and no progress is made. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

This question has striked me quite often: what if there is no Ultimate Truth and every perspective has it's own Truth. What if we all are not one but the opposite we are all ultimate numbers of Truth?

@Nahm I just did the exercise. there is so much more in the 'belief' column than in the 'experienced' one. it wasn't easy to decide where to put things. at the first glance I tend to put things in 'experienced'. then I become unsure and change them to 'belief'. the whole thing made me really unsure. It made me doubt my own perception. I guess that's the point, huh? shattering my security about what I think to know.. 

thank you Nahm, great insights as always <3

12 minutes ago, egoless said:

This question has striked me quite often: what if there is no Ultimate Truth and every perspective has it's own Truth. What if we all are not one but the opposite we are all ultimate numbers of Truth?

Fun thing to ponder:

How many nothings are there? Could be viewed as 1 nothing, many/infinity nothings or as 0 nothings (no nothings at all)

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

@Nahm What I describe is simple, it's just being present in acceptance and is available to anyone in the moment. What you describe is a years long process of practices, drugs, denying and extreme experiences with different types of truth and beliefs before it is available. It's so obvious.....haha

The now is the truth and beyond grasping because it IS.

EDIT: You guys always come here and start to think conceptually to hope you come somewhere, but the truth is you won't. The truth is silent, when we are speechless all things are revealed as they are, beyond grasp and comprehension. If you ever been in true love, you know words start to fail, it's not describable and it wouldn't do any justice to do so in words, so we experience reality :)

Unlearn to think, how long can you stop thinking? Observe, be silent and greatness will be revealed.  

Edited by Principium Nexus

If Truth is here now, that means my thoughts and beliefs are true things too (but the content of them maybe wrong). I find it hard to grasp I'm not Enlightened because I have identified with my thoughts and emotions (as Tolle alludes to). Then what identified with the thoughts and emotions if it is all an illusion?

How is falsehood possible if the Truth is here?

I also find it a bit strange that ''Take this psychedelic and you'll realise Truth''. I need a chemical to find Truth.

On 10/12/2017 at 3:05 PM, Samuel Garcia said:

Why Isn't The Truth Obvious?

Truth is obvious. it's just that we, human beings, are capable of contemplating it.

imagine yourself in a parallel world in which everyone is made out of gold. it would be so normal that nobody would notice. it wouldn't even matter. but then you look at yourself and you realize that you're made out of gold, just like everyone is. everyone is a gold-brother-sister. it wouldn't make gold more valuable, but the feeling of realizing this golden unity would be amazing.

here it works the same way, but you're made out of Life instead. we're all Life-brothers-sisters.

unborn Truth

@Nahm in short, my  whole knowledge is actually  just belief. everything I've ever thought to know. an it's a lot, since I've always seen knowledge as something important and big in my life. my curiosity has always always been very dominant 

and there are very few things I've actually experienced (at least, they feel like I've experienced them): my senses. relativity of time, insanity (during a shroom trip). my breath.

@phoenix666 that’s so awesome man. Just curious....did you ‘categorize’ being born, dying, that there exists anything beyond your perception right now, that people are individuals, that the Big Bang happened, that there is physical matter, that the past existed. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm not everything you listed, I did now. I had to put being born, dying, existence of anything beyond my perception and the big bang in 'belief'. I put that people are individuals, that there is physical matter and that the past existed (not that it exists right now, like I used to believe when I was living in victimhood mentality) in 'experienced'. I had to, because it feels like that to me. I hope for an experience that proves me wrong on that as well thouxD

Truth is the most obvious thing there is! It's like right in your face for 24/7!

But the problem with this is, your intellect has nothing to contrast it with, that's why it doesn't stand out!

Peter Ralston explains it greatly in this video:

22 hours ago, RossE said:

@phoenix666 Be open to the possibility that the past exists right now :)

I know I should be open to anything. but I lived in my past so much, re-experienced my past so many times again and again, that I'd rather leave it behind:$