George Fil

Good Career Or Something Unknown?

11 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I think i may have hit a wall that i can not see through.I am so into action and i try to avoid the mental masturbation,

I work as an accountant and i am stuck in mediocre, which means i am not annoyed by my good paying job and benefits, however something inside me tells me that i am for something higher.

Something that can offer value to other people like coaching/mentoring.  So I participated a 9 month course and i became a certified coach , i builded my site, but the results are disappointing, no clients, no money, no experience till now. I do meditation daily, i read self development books, I even hired a coach, but something is stuck and i feel fearful and anxious all the time.

If i keep my 9-5 job and go for an MBA that will eat all my time and energy from coaching, if i am to coach that will may be a big failure for the next two-three years till i build my business.Sometimes i observe my manager (anxious and so official with his suit), and i think that i don't want to be like him in the future, but i can not find role models that can inspire me.

I don't want to play the victim here, maybe i do something wrong that i am no conscious about it. 

Any Opinions will be much appreciated.

Edited by George Fil

@George Fil Will you be fine to survive and live during those 3 years of failure? If it's what you really want and you don't rely on your job for survival you should focus on it, and learn more about business so you can be sure of making progress 

If you need the money you could save up and quit later, meanwhile take small steps given your time resitriction to learn more of what you want, how to do it, where you're going etc. Then put it into proper action when you're ready to quit 

I need my Job for survival purposes, i can not be fine with failing 3 years for survival and emotional purposes. So pretty much i should keep my 9-5 job. Maybe i should have my purpose as side project till it become independent.

Edited by George Fil

@Nahm I coach people how to deal with changes mostly career, it is called transition coaching. So i coach them to be conscious about the change, we examine the options and then we track the progress of the action. My target group are millennials and people that want to change but they don't have support from their environment. I also participated a 5 months mentorship program where i was teached by executives, the tools and techniques on how to be an inspiring mentor for younger accountants or colleagues., and after exams i got certified.

First off, as a coach in training, I sympathize with your difficulties here. You are dealing with real challenges right now, however, there is no doubt in my mind after reading these posts that you're a very capable and resourceful person.

Honestly man, you have all the resources you need to make this happen. Take a good long look at your business, and begin to get creative! Read some good books, maybe Tony Robbins and Jack Canfield for inspiration and really bare down on marketing. It's important to get your brand and name out into the world. From an even more practical perspective, this might look like putting up posters or Facebook ads or having an article written about you or your business. With your target group being millennials perhaps a public speaking event at a school might benefit you.

You don't necessarily need to quit your job right now but I do encourage you to spend more time in your business. The quality of your effort will determine the quality of your results. That's obvious.

You've stated yourself that you are holding onto fear around this decision, which there is nothing wrong with that, in fact, I completely resonate with you on this, but why don't you ask yourself a few questions to get on top of this Fear based thought pattern,

"What am I in this for?"

"How else can I look at this situation?"

"What kind of beliefs must I have to feel this way?" 

"What accomplishments and legacy would have ultimate significance for you?"

"What are you prepared to sacrifice to achieve your dream?" 

Lastly, be present of how your actions make you feel and how your thinking brought you to that point of action. This is to make sure you see how your thoughts and feelings are directing you to experience fear and anxiety throughout the day.   

Best of luck man

Accountants is one if those jobs that are predicted by overwhelming probability to be replaced by AI's within the next decade or so. You should make it a top priority to make a plan for abandoning that sinking ship asap. 

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

@Erlend K@MDMD Accountants may extinct in the next 20 years that is possible, yes. But financial management and investment decision making could not be based on AI. Companies will still  need experienced and critical thinkers financial executives. 

Already as i write this my mind is like ''Really you want to be a corporate rat? You want the rest of your life to be in a Hamster Wheel running ?''

As for the my site, i have just opened a Facebook page a week now and i have paid to be advertised, i also upload content from my site there and i offer first session for free. 

Maybe i should be more patient and no needy for results. 

@George Fil If I was to hire a life coach it would be because they were very successful in what they coach in.  Maybe start a business and grow it, and then do life coaching? 

Edited by Nahm

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Why a life coach has to be successful in business? It is not like he is going to guide the other person and tell him what to do., it is more like to change his perspective and unlock his potential. You don't need an MBA or to be a Rich Successful Entrepreneur in order to coach him through a transition.

Thanks for your opinion though.