Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Laputan Machine

Trying To Get My Act Together

5 posts in this topic

So I've already made a post about me feeling insecure about my looks and I feel like I've managed to get over that fairly well but I feel like I still need to do something about my sexuality not really finding a vessel. I've been neglecting it for a pretty long time and, despite already being in a few relationships, I never really learned important skills, such as how to approach a girl or how to be presentable to women, girls were just something that happened to me. Anyone got any sound advice for coming out of the shell? I am not afraid of experimenting all that much, maybe one of y'all will give me a winning idea.

If what you say is true, that you aren't afraid of experimenting, then you are in the unique position of having overcome approach anxiety already, something that I still struggle with.

Try talking to 3 strangers, guy or girl, a day, and get your mindset ready to meeting new people.

@Laputan Machine set up an online dating profile. And start up conversations with many girls on there that you like. 

Then set up a date with a girl that you like and see how it goes. 

Don't lie about anything on your profile, like your height, that will sure backfire. 

It's all about exposure and building reference experiences when you want to get better. (Real life experience) And that real life experience you can cross check against the theory online, like RSD etc.

I met my girlfriend online. 

If you have any questions feel free to ask. 

Edited by SFRL

@Hafiz i like that idea, might do that. strangers where i live tend to not like being approached but there might be an occasional odd person that will respond to you.

@SFRL online dating is definitely not something i'd like to get back into. not that it's not possible to get a partner there, i just see no reason to get back into that. it feels very lacking to me and, on top of that, i am not really the type of guy that gets more than one like a month

Make sure you to give the  impression, that you care and take care of yourself. This is a very important part. But be careful not to over do it as you'll look insecure if you do. In other words make sure you get your (facial) hair all nice and clothes in order first, but don't overdo things like perfume etc.

It's (almost) always better to be clear about what you want out of the conversation. You can start by just wanting a good time talking to someone new, for instance. I don't mean you should tell them though, but try to make it clear non verbally.