Monkey-man

Enlightenment And Ageing

4 posts in this topic

U think meditation and enlightenment can prevent ageing ?

It has been scientifically proven that a person who meditates has a "younger brain".

it's such an interesting topic.

aging=oxidative stress. 

oxidative stress is caused through soo many different factors. food and lifestyle play a bigger rule than genes and environment. antioxidant rich foods (fruits, vegetables) help prevent aging.

meditation lowers stress. when I take a deep conscious breath in the middle of the day, I can actually feel the tension and stress melting away. so I think we all built up stress unconsciously. it takes consciousness and awareness to relax and take the tension away. when I meditate I also feel the contrast between the calmness there and the stress during my daily life. so I guess the more you're able to expand your meditation into your daily life (like meditating 24/7), the more you can reduce stress and cellular damage aka aging. :P

whatever arises, love that

@Monkey-man i wouldn't say "prevent ageing". i would say "prevent excessive ageing".

right now, because we're such a young species, we're yet too ignorant about ourselves. we age A LOT faster than we should.

some topics are still to be introduced in the mainstream culture in a few centuries:

• healthy breathing: lower and deeper
  • healthy eating habits and prosperous food gardening practices
  • healthy relationships: no attachments, no possessiveness
  • healthy bodily education: flexible/vigorous muscles, clean internal organs, healthy spine

our general academic medicine is extremely poor. the only strong field is the surgery niche.

our politics and economic systems are extremely poor. a few exceptions happen when the leader is enlightened (eg.: jigme wangchuck, sadhguru).

unborn Truth