Cesar Alba

How Can I Know What Is My Purpose In Life?

12 posts in this topic

Everybody says: Just check what would you do without recieving a pay for doing it, just check what you can be hours and hours doing and you dont even notice. But in my case a like a lot of things, I like acting, Making videos, Comedy, Music, Martial Arts, Teaching, Personal Development... but how to decide? How can I know in wich one to specialize? Cause I think nobody will be interested in hiring a Martial arts teacher musician comedian that likes making videos and personal development!! All my life ive been jumping from one thing to another and each time I do it I really think thats going to be my passion in life but later I discover its not, and I find something more interesting or as interesting as the last one, Ive drop out College 2 times and now im studying Business administration. My parents say that this is the last time they will suport me in another career and I understand. This kind of indecisive behaviour makes me feel very lost in my life and the people that where there for me arent anymore because I dont keep doing what in the first place I told them and I really believed was my passion.

I also began a taco business 5 months ago (Im mexican living in the center of México) but it didnt work well because of my lack of administratión (Ironic isnt it? LOL) I started teaching basic english in a local school but as you know, the minimum salary is very low $80.04MXN per day, wich is like 4.27USD per day, so, please dont tell me to buy Leo,s curse, because in this precise moment i dont have the money. Something more practical.

Man, I was so calm and just writing about this made me react so angry with my self.

Thank you all, and thanks for reading. By the way, im 22 years old.

my purpose is to find what my purpose is. it doesnt stop.

its even in leo's life purpose course. that course can point you in the right way but even after completing it(i am only half way) you wont get a exact definite answer and even if you do that will change as things happen in life.

In my opinion. your purpose is to never stop growing and learning and trying and evolving.

it doesnt just pop up and then that is it .  

At some point you have to simply choose a "life purpose". The answer is to pick something difficult, that you have a natural talent for and is in alignment with your values. Then just go all inn. Over time you will gain mastery and learn to get into flow while working, and it it will become a purpose. 

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

@kwax What should I do then? How to make finfding my purpose my purpose and be very efective on it? Should I schedulle specific hours of studyng diferent areas that may interest me? Should I try and try diferent things untill I find the one?

@MIA.RIVEL thank you. I know Leo's life purpose videos must be great, i've been watching his videos 3 years ago.

http://calnewport.com/blog/2010/10/16/the-passion-trap-how-the-search-for-your-lifes-work-is-making-your-working-life-miserable/

http://calnewport.com/blog/2011/08/11/the-career-craftsman-manifesto/

highly recommend reading so good they can't ignore you by Cal Newport :)

what he recommends is that you should try to be passionate about what you do but that the research shows that you first become passionate about it after you have become really good at rarer and valuable skills :) so basically just pick anything you find interesting and that you feel like could create an impact and where you work with people that its people you like being around with there is of course more to it than this but that's why I recommend reading the book :) 

Edited by BjarkeT

Surrender it. Let it go. Don't think about it. I'm half joking. But the half that is serious sees that if we were meant to know something, we would know it.

I never thought about finding out my life purpose until I was told of it. I heard about it, then now I have a problem! What problem? It's only a problem if I thought it was a problem.

Dont give up bro. Get back up and try again. 

I know its hard. Trust me. There are days I want to give up. like seriously 'give up'

hang in there and keep riding the wave.

@Cesar Alba you can pursue and make money doing any one of those interests, and you can enjoy all of them wether they are making money or not. 22 is the roughest age in my opinion because the world says ‘figure your shit out, you’re an adult now’. But biologically speaking, the brain is more fully developed at age 24-25. Success is made from failures. Certainty is made of uncertainty. Sounds to me like you’re soon to realize all of your experience. It’s valuable. You are making you, and you’re not a couch potatoe, or milking off the system. You problem is which passion, good problem to have. I know it’s hard, it does get easier, but you are doing good. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I am 30 and I also dont know what is my life purpose :D