Jhonny

Why I Am Not Taking Action?

17 posts in this topic

Why i am not taking action i have been watching this stuff for 2 years but still i feel like stuck in the rut. Not moving in the real wold. What is stopping me?
Cal me coward, loser. But they don't seem to affect me much. I know the obvious answer to this. Go and take action. But it is not happeing.

@K VIL to make money, to have a career. Actually the problem is i have inherited some money and i have lived on it for so long that the spark for a career is no more there.

so i should wait to hit the rock bottom and see that inherited money ending?

i wrote a poem

looking beyond is easy 
i can see it in them what i need
looking inside is sad
cause what i want is outside
what I want I don't have

do you want to inherit for the rest of your life mi boy? then the answer is inside.

I feel like I have been like that too for the last 2 years, but I have been deveiving myself into thinking that I am actually doing work by watching the videos :D

What kinda woke me up was a tough situation in my life. In his video about getting shit done, leo talks about "getting burned by the fire of reality" and I remember an advice from elliot hulse that was kinda similar and really resonated with me. I think you should shake up Your life a bit. Get out of the comfort zone, because this is what ultimately keeps you stuck. Do some unusual stuff, could be cold showers, could be sleeping on the ground or in Your car, could be moving into another country, could be going into public and completely embarassing yourself deliberately. You gotta realize that:

1. life will pass and it does go by every single second, whether you take action or not

2. Nothing really matters in the large scale, so the only measure should be you and Your values. What would you, 20 years from now, want you to Do right now?

3. Life is not as safe and cozy as we in the west were taught. Life can be uncomfortable, unfair, hard and even dangerous, but that's where its true beauty comes in. Expect a hard life, greet each catastrophe with a smile and be greatful if things go Your way. 

Just some lessons I learned the last couple of months, I feel like I still did not Get that on a deeper level, as I still tend to be lazy. But I have arived to the point of seriously fighting against that laziness. I think I'm on the way finally.

Edited by Damir Elezi

@Jhonny Start by clarifying goals and working on your optimism.  If you don’t have clear goals you’re not even in the game.  Make a list of goals like this: things I want to accomplish in 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months,  1 year from now.

Watch this video:

Another good one.  Do the exercise at the end too.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

15 hours ago, Jhonny said:

Cal me coward, loser. But they don't seem to affect me much.

you call yourself coward and loser. and you do feel affected. stop lying.

unborn Truth

Why would you not take action? Assume everything is meaningless. Why would you not then take action? It is not very truthful to not take action then. If you say you don't want to then realize that you doesn't even exist. It's not a very good reason not to. Thinking like this makes me face some of the excuses that are holding me back. To face them I meditate and do self inquiry.

Choose to do something. Don't care whether you are really feeling it or want it. Don't give your mind leverage that way. It is your best bet anyway and not doing anything seems selfish to me. I could help others in my life and so can you. Help yourself first now.

If you get overwhelmed when trying to do something that just means you didn't do it once. You can grow and try again, because eventually you will be able to.

I've been following leo for 4 years, I've improved in some areas but I still dont take action. I know all the theory I'm a sage, but I feel so comfortable in mediocrity that I dont want to risk my current comfort taking actions that creates me fear, anxiety, sacrifice...

You will only change when It's a matter of life or death.

I recommend Dr. Jordan Peterson's future authoring program. It's cheap and it asks you the gritty questions you need to answer to come up with a clear vision for your future.

G'luck pal!

@Jhonny Please don't randomly get a girl pregnant bahahaha. My goodness!!!

But the advice to do something "extreme" is solid.

Clearly, you don't have motivation to take baby steps or consistent action so throw yourself in the deep end of a pool and watch yourself make changes out of necessity.

What might the deep end of the pool look like for you?

nothing is anything

@Jhonny name ONE thing you like to change about yourself. 

For example: You want to run 5km every day. To get the habit going, start small and easy. Take a 5 minute walk every day.
Start with something ridiculously easy. Then build from that. One habit at a time.

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

@Jhonny Consider starting where you are. Start with you. If you don’t have wants that are supported by motivation, take a look at your; food, alchohol & drugs, video games, fitness, monkey mind / lack of meditation, vision board. Write down where you want to be on these things today, tape it to the wall, and let it go. Don’t give it another thought. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Jhonny Pick one thing. Work towards it. It may seem too straight forward but your mind will find the how-to with little problem once you hace the destination.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard