Bufo Alvarius

Enlightenment = Loss Of Control?

11 posts in this topic

If enlightenment occurs, does that mean life/your body/your mind just unfolds in (your) awarness? So basically what I want to ask is if there is no sense of control left as there is no one in the first place to take over control?

Do you have any feeling left that you can choose to do anything or are you simply observing what this body does? I am asking, because from my perspective it seems so sad to lose the ability to decide on anything that is happening in this life. Simply watching life to unfold seems so unsatisfying.

Edited by Bufo Alvarius
grammar mistake

8 minutes ago, Bufo Alvarius said:

If enlightenment occurs, does that mean life/your body/your mind just unfolds in (your) awarness? So basically what I want to ask is if there is no sense of control left as there is no one in the first place to take over control?

Do you have any feeling left that you can choose to do anything or are you simply observing what this body does? I am asking, because from my perspective it seems so sad to lose the ability to decide on anything that is happening in this life. Simply watching life to unfold seems so unsatisfying.

It still feels that you are doing everything. But in reality you are just part of infinite possibilities

@Bufo Alvarius

If enlightenment occurs, does that mean life/your body/your mind just unfolds in (your) awarness?

Yes.

So basically what I want to ask is if there is no sense of control left as there is no one in the first place to take over control?

There is no one to have control. Control is based on time. When the ego thinks it has more power then the laws of nature. Like for example: "I Will write an entire book in 12 hours, without taking a break, I swear that I Will write this book." Then reality strikes and you have to go to the toilet. :D

However, one can respond in the now moment (the only moment in existence is now) . Respond = ability to respond.

Do you have any feeling left that you can choose to do anything or are you simply observing what this body does?

Yes. One can be a Devine creator. Because one is not identified with the mind or body complex, one can use these as tools and not be their tools (by unconscious identification with those systems). Synchronization with the Devine bliss is accelerated and established when the Devine creator is embeded in the 3D human vessel. Mind and heart is synchronized. The two brain hemisferes can function as one.

If one is simply observing, one is stuck in the observer ego trap. One can fall into this trap if one does mindfullness meditation for a lot of time and can stay stuck in it forever.  I mentioned this in this topic.

@Bufo Alvarius try to imagine your life without fear because you never die, and because all is illusion including the body and self. It’s like that. It doesn’t make you smarter, more talented, or more determined. You may feel that it does though, if currently, fear is holding you back. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

There was never control in the first place.

I like Leo’s analogy for this: “Imagine being at the movies. Whilst being there you are crazy enough to believe that you have control over the movie. Ofcourse that will cause frustration.”

“You know why watching a move is so relaxing? It’s because you surrender control for a period of time. So that’s what an enlightened being’s life is like! He/she is just there enjoying the show”

Edited by Max_V

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

2 hours ago, Bufo Alvarius said:

"Lose" the "ability" :P
I get what you mean. But if a desire to do something comes up it will probably unfold in that direction. Like things already has.
Do you imagine that there is all these desires to do other things than what is being done spontaneously by the body?
"Oh no I wan't this to happen, but I'll guess I'll see how it plays out and what the body will do" lol

The awareness is watching. The awareness can't be sad. What/who would feel a loss of control?

Edited by sgn

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

@Bufo Alvarius 'Control' is resistance to what is. 

It's as futile as  trying to assist an airliner off the ground by pulling up on your seat belt. You see, there is simply nothing you can do- or intentionally not do that will change what is. Allen Watts