egoless

Self-sufficient Lifestyle For Enlightenment

38 posts in this topic

On 15-10-2017 at 6:22 PM, egoless said:

I am studying currently. I am doing Master's degree

Oh even better. Get a job and save as much money as you can, then transition to freelancing. Or even better, build a tiny house and go live somewhere with almost 0 housing costs, and do whatever you like to do. Maybe work 1 day a week and do enlightenment work the rest of the week.

I wish someone gave me this advise (and me actually doing it) when I was still studying.

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

- Become a monk 

Upsides: dedicated schedule, friends, maybe a master (maybe a +, you might get interesting people visiting the monastery) 

Downsides: maybe dogma, probably you'll have a difficult time having sex or doing drugs, you're not so free to roam around (though you might have trips/exchanges with other monasteries or places).

- Do work exchange (for ashrams/spiritual retreat centers), work 4-6 hours a day (maybe more in some places) in exchange for shelter/food)

Upside: Friends, free-er than a monastery, you can travel, maybe you can also make some money on the side through creative efforts or what ever

- Become a beggar

People will think stupid of this probably but honesty not such a bad choice if you live in a western civilized country/city, some beggars a lot of money too, and you could meditate all day, maybe with a sign ('addicted to meditation').

Upside: free time, free as a bird, money, adventure, 

Downside: might get harassed at times, not legal everywhere.

-

I'd recommend everyone to do this if you don't feel like you have enough time to be dedicated to spirituality with a 9-5 or w/e, it will make you rich in true worth beyond belief.

And after a few years of dedicated spiritual practice it's probably quite easy to be successful in whatever you do, because it will make room for your natural talents to open and be expressed, and through your trust, love and synchronicity it will be easy and successful.

In fact this is already the case, that you are supported very well, but we tend to be supported in lack and failure because these are the ideas we still hold on to.

But you can be successful if you dare to express yourself and see the abundant synchronicity, but it needs to be based on truth for the sake of your own happiness, peace and integrity and for everyone else's involved.

@krazzer Rabbit farm is really good source to self sustain. They reproduce rapidly.

@AlwaysBeNice I don't like to beg. I'd rather contribute to this world then ask money for nothing. The asharam seems an interesting idea but I think it will interfere with my freedom. I love freedom the most.

8 minutes ago, egoless said:

@krazzer Rabbit farm is really good source to self sustain. They reproduce rapidly.

@AlwaysBeNice I don't like to beg. I'd rather contribute to this world then ask money for nothing. The asharam seems an interesting idea but I think it will interfere with my freedom. I love freedom the most.

You contribute by working on yourself, finding and radiating the love of the Self is the greatest service you can render the world, also if you live in the west, we need a relatively low amount of jobs anyways to ensure basic goods for the people.

You love peace and joy the most I think, but anyways, what avenue would grant more freedom you think? Aside from having or making a lot of money in a short time through whatever and then living of that for some time.

Or maybe find a job that would allow you to meditate.

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

21 minutes ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

You contribute by working on yourself, finding and radiating the love of the Self is the greatest service you can render the world, also if you live in the west, we need a relatively low amount of jobs anyways to ensure basic goods for the people.

You love peace and joy the most I think, but anyways, what avenue would grant more freedom you think? Aside from having or making a lot of money in a short time through whatever and then living of that for some time.

Or maybe find a job that would allow you to meditate.

My perfect scenario would be if I was able to travel around to cheap countries with beautiful nature while freelance working on the internet. I would do spiritual work intensively while traveling. That's what I really want right now. Problem is I am in a career which does not have much options for freelancing.

You can couch surf and hitchhike and travel cheap that way

Also, if you are good with women you could maybe just hop from girl to girl using tinder or something

Edited by egoless

The easiest and best way to become financially independent is to find your LP and work on your skillset until you are able to provide the world with lots of value.

Your goal should be to provide so much value in your line of work that even a 0.1% return would be enough to retire on.

Living cheap isn't a good strategy. Produce more! Then live however you want without hurting the envirnment too much.

When it comes to financial independence, you want a good offense more than a good defence. All the energy you put into pinching pennies is energy you could have invested in producing more for the world.

Help people in a powerful way, and they will pay for all your expenses.

It's also more enjoyable to help people than pinching pennies.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The easiest and best way to become financially independent is to find your LP and work on your skillset until you are able to provide the world with lots of value.

Your goal should be to provide so much value in your line of work that even a 0.1% return would be enough to retire on.

Living cheap isn't a good strategy. Produce more! Then live however you want without hurting the envirnment too much.

When it comes to financial independence, you want a good offense more than a good defence. All the energy you put into pinching pennies is energy you could have invested in producing more for the world.

Help people in a powerful way, and they will pay for all your expenses.

It's also more enjoyable to help people than pinching pennies.

Yes I love helping people but if everything does not have a meaning and if there is no good and evil from god's perspective then why does it matter what our LP is. Why does anything matter at all? I can't understand this side of Enlightenment. If there is no good and evil then what is the point in doing good???

Edited by egoless

1 hour ago, egoless said:

Yes I love helping people but if everything does not have a meaning and if there is no good and evil from god's perspective then why does it matter what our LP is. Why does anything matter at all? I can't understand this side of Enlightenment. If there is no good and evil then what is the point in doing good???

Hehe. Leo has answered this objection soo many times, both in his videos and here on the forum. I don't understand how people can't wrap their heads around it. Yes, everything is meaningless, and yes there is no good and evil. But you still gotta' live your life! You've still got to play by the rules! Would you rather spend the rest of your life living your LP or a crap job that brings no fulfilment to you or to others? Both are meaningless, but I know which one i'd prefer. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

40 minutes ago, Space said:

Hehe. Leo has answered this objection soo many times, both in his videos and here on the forum. I don't understand how people can't wrap their heads around it. Yes, everything is meaningless, and yes there is no good and evil. But you still gotta' live your life! You've still got to play by the rules! Would you rather spend the rest of your life living your LP or a crap job that brings no fulfilment to you or to others? Both are meaningless, but I know which one i'd prefer. 

But that - I prefer- who speaks that? your ego speaks that. So you are still chasing your ego's desire. 

Edited by egoless

4 hours ago, egoless said:

what is the point in doing good???

If there was a point to doing good, it wouldn't be good, it would be manipulation.

Good is its own end. It is pointless precisely so that people only do it out of the joy of doing it. Rather than to get something out of it.

If you're still looking to get something out of it, you're operating at a low level of consciousness.

Being > Acquiring

31 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If there was a point to doing good, it wouldn't be good, it would be manipulation.

Good is its own end. It is pointless precisely so that people only do it out of the joy of doing it. Rather than to get something out of it.

If you're still looking to get something out of it, you're operating at a low level of consciousness.

Being > Acquiring

That is totally not what I meant here Leo. I do good because I feel joy from it. But if we are criticizing ego then what is feeling joy other then ego?? Maybe my ego developed in a way that it feels joy when I am doing good to others. What is the point of ego death in that case? If ego is dead who feels the joy, who wants to do the good? who else then ego decides what is good and what is evil. Is not there a danger of eliminating this distinction if we kill our ego? Maybe ego death will turn us into cold, senseless zombies who has no idea when they hurt people or when they do good for people?

Edited by egoless

@egoless You can enjoy being without chasing, manipulation, or the kind of neurotic self-obsessive thoughts which predominate most of the average person's day. That is the point.

I think you're a little too hung up on this idea of eliminating ego, so much so that you mistake it for elimating all good feelings, all emotions. That's not the goal here. The goal is to liberate yourself from self-obssesed, neurotic, overly-conceptual living.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@egoless You can enjoy being without chasing, manipulation, or the kind of neurotic self-obsessive thoughts which predominate most of the average person's day. That is the point.

I think you're a little too hung up on this idea of eliminating ego, so much so that you mistake it for elimating all good feelings, all emotions. That's not the goal here. The goal is to liberate yourself from self-obssesed, neurotic, overly-conceptual living.

Maybe I am. But... If enlightened person has no ego then who follows the life purpose? Who thinks and acts who desires to achieve it's life purpose if the ego is dead. Is not Life purpose an ego thing? Ego says it is my life purpose - at least logically it seems so. How can god have limited, relative life purpose? 

@Leo Gura Are you happy? How happy do you think you are compared to an average person, and how much potential is there still for you at this point? 

1 hour ago, egoless said:

How can god have limited, relative life purpose? 

God has infinitely many limited, relative life purposes. Your life is like a frame in a movie which is God, your life purpose is like a pixel in a frame that contributes to something bigger than itself, nevertheless, without the frames there wouldn't be a movie. Remeber that so-called 'ego-death' is not really a death, in my opinion it's more like a switch of perspective.

1 minute ago, Girzo said:

God has infinitely many limited, relative life purposes. Your life is like a frame in a movie which is God, your life purpose is like a pixel in a frame that contributes to something bigger than itself, nevertheless, without the frames there wouldn't be a movie. Remeber that so-called 'ego-death' is not really a death, in my opinion it's more like a switch of perspective.

I like your explanation. I imagine ego death as completely killing who I am. Like I have no more desires and goals in my life. Aren't those ego thing? Where I am wrong? Like jim carrey says there is no me anymore and things just happen. Does he still have ego and life purpose?