Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geo

Ego Death Or Something Else?

1 post in this topic

Hi All,

I've been making some significant progress with meditation and lucid dreaming/dream yoga on a path to awakening. I have had insights into ego death, the feeling of not being my body/mind during meditation and outside of meditation. Having those realizations that "of course" the I does not exist and everything is one. I have found this to be very amusing and laugh spontaneously at the absurdity. I have experienced an increase in senses, to the point of when I am reading a book the pages feel delicious to touch. Staring at my hand as if I've never seen it before. After sobbing during one mediation, I was left with a feeling of bliss lodged in my chest. I am smiling and happy and this won't go away. However, this did not scratch the surface of what happened in my dream last night.

This was in the very early stages of sleep after a bought of insomnia. In my dream, I was sitting at a table with a friend (also very spiritual). Suddenly, I had an incredible feeling of disassociation with my body. This increased exponentially, until I slumped over the table (in my dream) as the feeling increased infinitely. My freind was saying "it's ok, it's ok". My ego died, and I was left with the most unbelievable feeling/experience of being God I suppose! It was beautiful and terrifying. I can't describe it. A trillion trillion trillion diamonds all shattering at once, leaving a viscous pool of infinity. It was incredible. Oh god the feeling. I still can't process it. The feeling became so intense, it woke me up.

What the fuck was that? I've opened Pandora's Box. How deep does this rabbit hole go?? Please, and comments/reassurance would be MUCH appreciated! :)