Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Colin

Leonardo Da Vinci

8 posts in this topic

I wonder what kind of meditation or mental training Leonardo was doing. I know that all the various creative works he persued could be considered mental training. But wonder what kind of old European style techniques he made use of.

On a side note there is a new biography about Leonardo da Vinci coming out from the guy who wrote the famous Steve Jobs biography. It looks interesting. I think I'll be checking it out

The kingdom of heaven is within.

2 hours ago, Colin said:

I wonder what kind of meditation or mental training Leonardo was doing. I know that all the various creative works he persued could be considered mental training. But wonder what kind of old European style techniques he made use of.

On a side note there is a new biography about Leonardo da Vinci coming out from the guy who wrote the famous Steve Jobs biography. It looks interesting. I think I'll be checking it out

Observation?

9 hours ago, Colin said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he took shrooms :)

The art is to look without looking 

Leonardo was a natural but he did use psychedelics from time to time from what i have read which only enhanced his skills and understanding to greater levels.

B R E A T H E

@pluto Where did you read that? I've read quite a bit on him and seen plenty of documentaries, but that's new info for me. Sounds interesting.

5 hours ago, Star Net said:

@username @pluto

It is a new info for Me Too ......

Where did You get it from @pluto  ?

I read it a while back on some texts people wrote on a similar forum about his shrooms and psychedelic use that was not really mentioned in mainstream texts about him and his work due to many reasons but from what i remember he consumed very sparingly. I also noticed often opium poppy use in the show "Da Vincis Demons" and a few scenes Leonardo takes a psychedelic substance to delve deep to in-vision past/future events that seem similar to DMT/Shrooms/Salvia. I know this was only a tv show but paired with the notes i read carried down they couldn't just add random ideas to the show, especially the poppy that played quite an often role throughout it. It was also cancelled too :/ was one of the best shows :/

Reminded me of Assassins Creed

B R E A T H E