Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alexo45

Weird Feeling While Meditating

3 posts in this topic

Hey,

lately i've begun to feel weird after the first 15-30mins while meditating. I sit in a position where i fold my hands, but after 15-30mins it doesn't feel like my hands are folded anymore, when in fact they are. Yesterday it even felt like my hands were going all over the place or just wide out of each other, even when i was certain that they were folded. I got scared because it felt so weird so i ended my session, and then i saw my hands were in fact folded. This does not only happen with my hands, but also with other parts of my body. I decided to start a next session, and got past the weird feeling, because i wanted to explore this more. My whole body ended up feeling like it was folded up inside of a box at first, and when i continued i felt like the "i" inside of my body raised to my head. Sitting there, i could literally not feel the rest of my body anymore, and the only feeling i had was being inside of my brains. 

Is this normal? It's very hard to continue my meditation sessions because i feel like something bad is going to happen.

@Alexo45

21 minutes ago, Alexo45 said:

Is this normal? It's very hard to continue my meditation sessions because i feel like something bad is going to happen.

Yes it is perfectly normal. The thing is the hands, or any other part of the body for that matter are not 'yours'. They never where. That is an illusion created by the egoic thinking mind and taking false ownership. You are really no more your body than you are the screen your looking at now. The body is just stardust material. An aspect of the physical universe. Calcium, iron, h2o, ect. 'Your body' is really no different than a tree, a bird, a mountain, a river, dirt, ect. So you have taken a first step in the right direction. You are realizing this as a direct experience of truth. Don't allow the ego to scare you out of the truth. That you are something more than just a body/mind/ego. A little freaky at first isn't it? haha You'll get used to it after a while. It's a completely new paradigm of how you relate to what you really are.:)