Joseph Maynor

I’m Having Trouble With The Belief That Other Beings Exist

26 posts in this topic

Other people are me to the extent they are perceptions of mine.  But their Being, if any, is inaccessible to me.  Therefore, I seem to have no reasonable basis to conclude that other beings exist.

Help me out of this if you can please.  Let’s discuss.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Just because you think that other beings do not exist, does that mean that other beings do not exist? And where exactly do they not exist?

Will this change the manner in which you behave around them? Will you treat them like ghosts or hallucinations?

i am not really sure what you mean could you elaborate? i am sorry but its just really confusing

@Brimstone I'm starting to realize that maybe this isn't a problem folks!  Right?  The ego wants there be two but there is only one.  But how the hell do I make sense of ordinary life now?  I might need to go move to Leo's cave.  Haha?  I don't know.  However, life seems to travel on seamlessly notwithstanding these issues.  These issues of the Mind.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

The problem is that we see a problem where there is no problem. Truth is implicit to all though, including the problem that is no problem.

Here's the kicker though, seeing that there is no problem, is a problem. 

You have got to cut the head off the snake if you want to fully realise that there was never a snake in the first place.

Edited by Brimstone

@Joseph Maynor The fact that they are inaccessible by you means they feel like they are really separate. So in fact that would make them more real and give them their own specific identity.

26 minutes ago, Brimstone said:

The problem is that we see a problem where there is no problem. Truth is implicit to all though, including the problem that is no problem.

Here's the kicker though, seeing that there is no problem, is a problem. 

You have got to cut the head off the snake if you want to fully realise that there was never a snake in the first place.

The mind has to bite the dust.

@Joseph Maynor

To recognize the being in another human body and in other animals (beings), it requires to activate your feelings not thinking.

You can develop your feelings to a point where somebody can come to you and you can scan their energy and recognize their essence without them speaking a Word to you.

If you suck at this then all human bodies only have ONE BEING.   :D  We are one, but we are also unique.

So let's say you develop your intuitive and feeling aspect. Now if I put 10 people in a row and you have to scan their energy, would everybody have the same being essence? Let's say I would put criminals, spiritual masters, stoners, killers and hippies. Your job would be to recognize each one of those.

Have you ever had a feeling when you met somebody that this person Will be/ Will not be a good friend before he even speaked to you? It sure happened to me a lot of times.

Being = Spirit.

Beings = Soul.

05093f35249f737354756409321a334c0039f6-wm.jpg

P14.jpg

Edited by AleksM

@Joseph Maynor This is how I see it: YOU are absolute infinity, looking through the lens of a character, named Joseph. Everything you perceive, is a dream. You are right. Every other being doesn't exist.

But then, how am I, reacting to you? Well, I am absolute infinity as well. Everything I perceive is a dream. Other beings don't exist.

I and YOU are the same absolute infinity. And since we are absolute infinity, every reality possible exists (however still a dream), including all the ones of all the characters in your dream.

I hope this makes any sense to you.

Edited by krazzer

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

@Joseph Maynor I appreciate your high level of conceptualization. My brain seems to be programmed to conceptualize. It’s great for the sciences, not so great for existential reality

11 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The mind has to bite the dust.

You know @Joseph Maynor , do you unknow though? 

At face value teachings only point towards That, and will always fall short as they are rooted in the idea of 'a gap' attempting to explain what is unexplainable. So as good as it is grasp what is being said, the attachment to a perceived understanding is actually detrimental to experiencing Absolute at base level.

You clearly have everything you need, though maybe it is time to let go of what you know and kill the identity your knowing has created?

11 hours ago, Brimstone said:

You know @Joseph Maynor , do you unknow though? 

At face value teachings only point towards That, and will always fall short as they are rooted in the idea of 'a gap' attempting to explain what is unexplainable. So as good as it is grasp what is being said, the attachment to a perceived understanding is actually detrimental to experiencing Absolute at base level.

You clearly have everything you need, though maybe it is time to let go of what you know and kill the identity your knowing has created?

Totally!  That’s what I’m going through now.  I’m gonna stop all reading too.

13 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Joseph Maynor I appreciate your high level of conceptualization. My brain seems to be programmed to conceptualize. It’s great for the sciences, not so great for existential reality

I’d have to say yes and no in response to this.  The mind is used all the time in enlightenment work.  You just need to know when it is appropriate and when it is not.  We don’t wanna throw the baby out with the bathwater regarding conceptualization.   There’s a taboo against theory in enlightenment floating around too to watch out for.  There’s a time and place for almost everything!

Edited by Joseph Maynor

For sure. Perhaps better to say “always great in sciences, sometimes not great for existential reality”

Edited by Serotoninluv

Nice one @Joseph Maynor , just do what feels right for you right now.

A thought arose with an excercise that I thought might be useful for you. Maybe you need to go out into nature, build a fire, take all your notes on Truth with you, read each of them, remind yourself Truth is not this, and throw them into the flames. It will be hard to let go, it always is, but you never know, it could really help you.

just an idea though, and really the decision is entirely yours. I will not be offended either way.

Edited by Brimstone

Very very true @Nahm . Back when I was enlightened That showed the effect of what alcohol and other drugs has on you. It was quite fascinating to watch the mind wrap itself around the concept of me and certainly made it very easy to quit.

Sadly when desire slowly eroded clear state, I started to drink and smoke again, which is why I am here today. Back at square 1, lol.