Marinus

Fear Of Peeing In Public!

9 posts in this topic

I fear peeing in public toilets, you know, the public urinals.  Even when the dam is about to burst it still won't let the water flow out of the gate. I also notice other having the same problem, because I'm aware about my surroundings and I don't hear the water flow. It's very awkward to stand and wait to for other men to leave. The most uncomfortable time 4 years ago was when a teacher and a peer with me in between were peeing and I felt so awkward :P!

Only people I trust won't influence me. It is annoying and I try to avoid it when other men are busy. Has anyone some tips on this? Sometimes it work s for me to focus on the image of the earth and the symbol of Ying & Yang, but most of the time it doesn't work.

@Marinus Get better at not being insecure regarding other people's opinions of you.

General consciousness work is the best way,imo.

Hmmm, not sure if that is a insecurity-based fear or an odd phobia. Occasionally when I am in an audience, I have a fear of yelling an obscenity. It can cause me anxiety.

@Marinus It's a psychosomatic condition called Paruresis - Basically a specification of social anxiety. The stress and tension constrict the sphincter and this leads to the inability of emptying the bladder. This condition can occur in various degrees...some people can't even pee when they are at home in their own toilet when they are people in the room next to them. What can help are relaxation and visualization techniques like autogenitc training for example. Also you really have to contemplate into the matter of how the thoughts of other people are affecting you. Make a commitment with yourself to reach absolute social freedom in this lifetime or die trying

Edited by Echoes

@Marinus You aren't alone, some of my friends had the same issue before, and I still would prefer to go into a cubicle and only pee in front of someone else as an absoulete last resort as for the same reasons you put. Honestly, urinals are a stupid invention for this very reason, I don't want to get my dick out in front of strangers, let alone random men in the toilets...hopefully another way around is devised in the future, eh? Until then, in my opinion, just go with what @Echoes said :) It can be dealt with!!

Hey it happens to me sometimes too man. If someone pee's right next to me I can't go. For the record I don't have general social anxiety and I would say I'm actually more comfortable in most social circumstances than most, but I still have this 'problem'. No need to make it part of your identity. It used to bother me but it doesn't seem like a big deal to me anymore. As a result of that I am more relaxed and it becomes less of an issue. Just looking at the fear and accepting it will go a long way and slowly dissolve it.  

Here, for the record, I think a lot more people than you think experience it. This may help you create some inner ease around the subject.

and just look at the related comments and the thumbs up:

CjEmzfD.png

Edited by Arman

It's because whipping out your piece of meat makes you vulnerable. At least it makes you feel vulnerable. It leaves you vulnerable to things like attack, criticism and ridicule. This fear makes you tense up and unable to relax your blatter because you are paranoid of attack. This fear can be subtle, it probably doesn't induce a full on anxiety attack, but the fear is there nonetheless.

You need to become more comfortable to being vulnerable around others. You are not a perfect being, you fuck up, a lot. Just like other people. You need to be able relate to others on that level. You need to be able to show your weaknesses and quirks, and be okay with it. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

@vizual Wow that's a nice explanation. I indeed have trouble with being vulnerable, but I discovered that if you are, you got nothing to lose and this results in more freedom.