TeamBills

Taking Notes With Audible

12 posts in this topic

I want to listen to some of the books on Leo's booklist while I am doing other stuff. So a program like Audible would allow me to do this. Google says that Audible does not give you the written text of the book just a sound file. So my question is do you guys find it difficult taking notes on a book when using a program like Audible? If not how do you avoid this problem?

Thanks! 

I use an audiobook app which allows me to create digital bookmarks so that I can jump back and forth to the juicy parts I want to save.

It's not perfect, but it's much better than nothing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I use an audiobook app which allows me to create digital bookmarks in so that I came jump back and forth to the juicy parts I want to save.

It's not perfect, but it's much better than nothing.

Never thought of that thanks!

On 2/24/2018 at 5:05 AM, Joseph ICU said:

@Leo Gura is this app integrated with Audible? :)

Funny you responded to this topic recently, because I just looked at it again. I found 2 pc programs for Audible and they are both horrible. I am using the Audible Android app. It allows me to do the bookmarks that Leo was talking about. I have had no problems with it so far. 

Use the app Smart Audiobook Player. I do the same thing Leo does. 

I stop, I bookmark, I add a title, as well as notes to the bookmark when there is an important concept or if I have an insight. 

Screenshot_20180228-105446.png

Screenshot_20180228-105441.png

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

@Sahil Pandit I lived a monk like lifestyle for the past 3 years because I focused on personal growth and academics, so my social skills suffered because of that. Of course social skills are part of personal growth but I had other areas of focus.

As I handled my health, academics, habits and partially my life purpose, in the following year I'm gonna tackle social skills, pick up and sexuality. 

I'm gonna work on becoming charismatic, handling any kind of conversation very well, putting myself in an abundance mindset and getting used to being assertive and going for what I want. 

I'm gonna play the field for a while after I finish college this semester. I will do hundreds of approaches on girls, go on dates, learn what kind of girls are out there, learn how to have amazing sex and maybe get a stable girlfriend.

For all of that, I need to learn the theory on how attraction works, on self-esteem, mindset, seduction etc. , otherwise I'm gonna do many stupid mistakes. Also, this way you won't get manipulated by seducers and remain in your masculine core.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

@Sahil Pandit You won't see many guys in the club that know so much about this stuff that it cripples them, haha.

It's not the first time I do pick-up. I just want to get deeper knowledge and get back in the gameeee. Come to Bucharest and we'll be each other's wingman. :P

On 2/24/2018 at 2:05 AM, Joseph ICU said:

@Leo Gura is this app integrated with Audible? :)

No, I use a small program called Tuneskit Audible Converter to remove the DRM from all my Audible files and convert them into MP3, which then gives me the freedom to use them with any app on any machine, bypassing all the Audible restrictions.

https://www.tuneskit.com/audible-aa-aax-converter-win.html

To me it's totally worth $35.

Try not to abuse it though. Ask your friends to buy their own copies of Audible books to support the authors.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.