herghly

What Do You Do For A Living?

102 posts in this topic

Honestly no job right now

graduated mass communication ,, audio engineering dont know whats next???

Edited by firoz
need to add more

Student

In information Technology 

Edited by Dinesh Karki

I'm doing electronics engineering - embedded software development. I graduated recently and currently working for my friend's small startup. 

It's an extremely technical subject, as technical as you can get, working with hardware. Honestly, I'm not sure if it's the right path for me. I'm good at math and technical subjects, but I wouldn't call it my passion ( I kinda like people too... not just machines ).

I'm trying to pick up other skill, like Web Development and personality type psychology, maybe it will lead somewhere. I can't image the world needing better tech right now.

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

On 22/01/2019 at 11:08 PM, Arthur said:

personality type psychology

I've never heard of this before. Why do you think it is useful for you?

21 minutes ago, herghly said:

I've never heard of this before. Why do you think it is useful for you?

Well, I just meant personality typology. So things like Jungian Archetypes, Socionics, MBTI, Enneagram. and also Spiral Dynamics and Maslow's Hierarchy of needs.

I think this stuff is very powerful. It models how people perceive the world. By understanding all those different outlooks and personalities, your mind automatically expands. I think that's what is needed to move people up the Spiral - understanding diversity and relativism of perspectives.

There are more practical benefits as well. For example, Socionics describes very accurately inter-type relationships. This knowledge is very powerful when it comes to intimate relationships. If you're really good at this, when you just meet a person, you can foresee whether they will be a good lasting partner for you.

Edited by Arthur

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

I'm a life-coach and a YouTuber for the lion's share of my bread and butter. 

But I also do some substitute teaching here and there.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

I do nothing. What is more egoic than pursuing a career and goals? It will only lead to suffering.

I work at a fast food restaurant, mostly at nighttime. Very hard work and little pay. I hate it, but it keeps me alive. 

8 hours ago, OneWithAll said:

I do nothing. What is more egoic than pursuing a career and goals? It will only lead to suffering.

I've read you post similar statements in other threads relative to the practical details of life.

Do you believe that you have to avoid your humanity to transcend your ego?

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

18 hours ago, OneWithAll said:

seems like Zen-Devil in the making 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 15/01/2018 at 5:44 PM, Serotoninluv said:

Professor. Genetics, Developmental Biology, Neuroscience.

My research examines microbe-host interactions.

A great job for an INTP

@Serotoninluv wow didn't know that. That's pretty damn impressive !!

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 24.1.2019 at 5:03 PM, OneWithAll said:

Gimme some of that inheritage haha.

No srsly, without career and goals this very place wouldnt exist. Your computer wouldnt exist. With no knowledge about these things your chances of being "hold your breath" unconscious would be way higher. Why did you decide not to use your energy to elevate society?

Internet marketing. Although i am levaraging my skills to develop this logo design agency in Germany cause i kinda don't like providing marketing as a service. Fun fact: i don't know German 

Edited by Krzysztof

23 years old, lives with mom and do nothing for living

@OneWithAll I used to think that way and it turned out to be counter-productive to my spiritual journey. The world is full of insights and suffering is your best teacher.

Programmer. Working through the life purpose course. Want to transit to project management or to entrepreneurship... haven't figured out yet.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x