herghly

What Do You Do For A Living?

102 posts in this topic

Currently learning computer science in college. Looking to become a professor, but most importantly, trying to both figure out and fulfill my life purpose.

Just quit my job as a delivery driver at Asda. Now focusing on music composition, production and DJing. I also volunteer at a local Buddhist meditation centre. 

I try to do as little work as I can. Atm I work with children after the end of this I'm gonna be doing something else and most hopefully work as little as possible I don't want to waste life. 

Procurement manager at a boring low consciousness US company however it is low stress work and allows me to focus on my side education which is holistic health and naturopathic nutrition to break out of rat race ( hopefully) that I got myself into. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Student of comparative literature while working in a vape shop 7 days a week 

I sell sweets and shine shoes at school. Does that count? xD

Internship - Making software for funeral directors. O.o So they can reserve a spot on the graveyard. :ph34r:

Accountant in a Top 500 Global Company.  Recently got Certification in Coaching and also in Mentoring.

Thinking to leave Finance Specialty in the years to come and be a professional Millennial Coach/Mentor. My site is https://yournextbigstep.coach/

@Michael569

On 10/26/2017 at 11:18 AM, Michael569 said:

Procurement manager at a boring low consciousness US company however it is low stress work and allows me to focus on my side education which is holistic health and naturopathic nutrition to break out of rat race ( hopefully) that I got myself into. 

Interesting. How are you looking to shift careers? Are you taking any online classes or enrolled in a degree program? I'm curious because I'm looking to do the same :)

@ppfeiff I've signed up with a college focused on naturopathic medicine and will be studying towards Naturopathic degree. It is not the same as medical degree of course but I don't really care about that. And at the same time just trying to do what I can, study as much as possible, work on starting my blog. 

It will probably take a while but it is what keeps me going at this shit company where I'm currently at. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 10/31/2017 at 5:01 PM, George Fil said:

Accountant in a Top 500 Global Company.  Recently got Certification in Coaching and also in Mentoring.

Thinking to leave Finance Specialty in the years to come and be a professional Millennial Coach/Mentor. My site is https://yournextbigstep.coach/

Right now I am doing Master's degree but I used to work in 3 top 100 major international companies. In one of them I was head of Finance department in my country. I am also thinking to become a life coach. Thinking to specialize in career and personal development coaching.

Edited by egoless

Graduate from applied maths & computing. I work as a web developer in a company for now.

I am on my way to discover my purpose. For now I do work on side projects including programming a purpose-discovering / goal-sharing community and mobile application. In addition I am learning Russian for 3 years and I recorded some videos on YouTube in Russian (for fun and learning). And last thing: I am building a small investment portfolio to increase a little my income in order to earn more free time.

InfoSec/Digital forensics master's student feeling pressure towards PhD from environment. But really want to start my own business and deliver my LP related message to the world. Trying to work on myself enough to be able to step up. PhD may offer what I need though, will see.

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:32 PM, dude said:

Internship - Making software for funeral directors. O.o So they can reserve a spot on the graveyard. :ph34r:

wooww interesting!

I’m a Truck driver, doing it purely for the money :(. Have no idea what my life purpose is yet but I know my passion is diet and how it effects the body. All I really want to do is ride my bike, read books and meditate all day, can’t have it like that though can we?!