Joseph Maynor

Even Though You Are Cleaning Up Your Life Now, If You Could Have Chosen, Would You Have Decided To Skip This Earth Experience?

32 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Hero in progress said:

@Joseph Maynor @Joseph Maynor @Joseph Maynor

Its a interesting point to make. And maybe this reflects the worldview of a lot of humans. 

It seems that the absolute nature of us does not mind suffering, it comes into being from a fearless and transendent dimension. That is to say just before coming into being it doesn't say before I go into this dream I am laying down some rules!stop-sign-hand-290575.jpg

•Rule number one- No suffering I don't like that shit! 

The absolute has openly and willingly accepted everything that happens to itself.

with deeper & deeper enlightenments it will become more and more clear. from our limited human- organism perspective it will be hard to understand. That's why deeper enlightenments are needed

in the grand scheme of things its all okay, we are eternal.

@Hero in progress You seem very certain and adamant.  Be careful about moralizing.  All beliefs are false.  You're making a very strong "should" statement.  Watch your rule-making.  You're gonna spit into the wind and take it right in the eyes with your rules.  One exercise you should do it formulate the opposite of your moral rules and then realize that reality could very well be those too.  Reality doesn't need to fit into the skinny-jeans of any mental rules.  Talk to the mother of one of the kids randomly murdered in Vegas about the goodness of reality.  Reality is not good, not bad, not rule-bound, not beholden to human proclivities.  Pretending we're Jesus is a sneaky egoic trap.  We're the Devil too.  Reality seems to bob and weave randomly between all of our rules and hopes.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

17 hours ago, ZX_man said:

Alan watts said something relevant to this topic let's see if I can recall it:

If you were given the power to do whatever you wanted what would you do? Maybe you would start out by fulfilling all of your craziest dreams and deepest pleasures. But eventually that would get stale, so you start acting out little dramas like crime shows where there's a conflict but it's okay because you're always safe in the end. As time goes on, the dramas get more and more involved with more complicated plots. But again, you were always safe in the end when the curtains were finally drawn. After enough time in this cycle you end up with, well, sorta the kind of life you're living now.

But would you have chosen to be here knowing that you would face this pointless suffering and obstacle?  That's my question.  Sounds like coming off a bad trip to me.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

19 hours ago, zenjen said:

@Joseph Maynor I think a collectively masculine mindset is on its way to blowing up part of the human race one of these days. We are out here disrespecting our mother earth. The good news is that everything is ok and being will be restored in due time, somehow, because it must.

Sometimes a masculine decision is the best decision though.  It depends on the context.  I agree that greedy men have screwed up the planet the most probably.  But they did it to get the hot women, who wanted those greedy men!  So, you see the gender argument implicates both genders at the extreme end of analysis.  If women didn't exist men would be standing around picking their noses.  And if women rejected the greedy men, we wouldn't have a problem either.  Women actually select those men!  So, reality transcends gender.  Women are just as guilty as men of succumbing to ego.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

35 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Sometimes a masculine decision is the best decision though.  It depends on the context.  I agree that greedy men have screwed up the planet the most probably.  But they did it to get the hot women, who wanted those greedy men!  So, you see the gender argument implicates both genders at the extreme end of analysis.  If women didn't exist men would be standing around picking their noses.  And if women rejected the greedy men, we wouldn't have a problem either.  Women actually select those men!  So, reality transcends gender.  Women are just as guilty as men of succumbing to ego.

@Joseph Maynor That's why I pointed out that the mindset is -collectively- masculine. I'm not talking in terms of actual gender here, women are just as guilty in perpetuating this mindset; that is 100% true. Everyone is both masculine and feminine minded to some degree, regardless of actual gender. This is what I meant :) To degrade either side was not my intention, they are both equally important. A balance of the masculine/feminine maintains peacefulness.

Edited by zenjen

"Move and the way will open."
– Zen Proverb

I want to be here. I love this life, the pain, all the egos, my ego. The beauty of life is infinity manifested in physicality. There are times when I think otherwise but then i have to remind myself how beautiful limitations are, taking the challenges and growing from day to day is really magical.
How beautiful is this freedom of choice that we have, you can choose what you want to believe and it becomes true in a way. You have to limit yourself in order to see how amazing your natural state is.
I think the reason people would answer that they wouldn't go here almost always is because of the pain, this automatically becomes suffering because they reject what is. Just be with it and see the beauty of pain and it will resolve into infinite pleasure, it will grow you more than anything else combined.

Edited by LaucherJunge

We have already chosen to be here at this stage or we simply wouldn't be ;)

B R E A T H E

@Joseph Maynor

I don't know how you have come to any of those things you said. I never said anything about morality, good, bad, shoulds or should nots. I don't know why you brought jesus into it. The interesting world view of some humans was referring to what you said. Theres no belief in there that I said. All I said is the absolute has willingly come into this reality without any rules about how things should go down. 

Edited by Hero in progress

No one is actually experiencing experience; there is only the immediacy of experience - and then thought/belief believing it is experiencing it.

The body, world and mind are all thought created; separate them and notice how the mind (thought) influences body and world; and notice that the body and world are just distinctions of interior and exterior in mind (thought). Other than experience as it happens, it is all mental - belief.

Edited by dorg

Choices are of-the-illusion. Even from a logic stand point, infinite includes everything so there's no situation to even prompt a choice and nothing to choose between, and no other entity to offer a choice.  The real question is how quite our mind is Now / how much we are our perspective of Being of infinite, and how much we are caught up in the illusion. Don't get me wrong, it's a win for love either way. I like scary movies too. The scarier the better. "The Others" really got me good for a few days. Anybody seen that one? VHS got in me pretty deep too. That Vampire chick!? No Thank you!!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Joseph Maynor you already made the choice to be here. This in and of itself makes it not pointless. You chose to experience Joseph Maynor. You chose to experience my life too. You chose to experience everyone's life. 

When we talk about life being pointless, it's a language issue. What we really mean to say is closer to there being no specific point. You are free to find your own meaning. 

The thing is: you can always argue in both directions. Hahahaha... That's why it is kinda pointless to argue about paradoxes. You can always play the Devil's advocate, you know? So why on Earth would you waste time on proving others wrong? Seriously... We are the shadow also, okay, but what is that going to do for you? This is like a never-ending cleaning job. When you really allow Love in, the shadow simply cannot resist. Hahaha, it is miraculous! You simply stop rationalizing, theorizing, and talking nonsense because all you want to do is To Love. Hahaha, anyway, this is something that you feel. There really is no need to focus THAT much on the shadow... Just silence it... And do the I Love You's. Hehehe... 

When we begin to tap into the REAL love frequency, we only want to put out the nicest words. Why? Because it feels amazing! In essence, it is time to focus on Feeling Good NOW!