Joseph Maynor

Even Though You Are Cleaning Up Your Life Now, If You Could Have Chosen, Would You Have Decided To Skip This Earth Experience?

32 posts in this topic

And to never have been born if you could have decided that?

Is this life just an exercise in suffering, albeit mitigated by "spiritual work"?  

Why would anyone want to experience life here if they weren't forced to?

It seems like what we are doing is learning how to minimize suffering in an inherently cursed situation!  A life of being tormented by egoic thoughts and emotions.

And because there is no point to life, there doesn't seem to be any reason to be here in the first place!  And because life is suffering, it seems like life in itself -- at least here on Earth -- is a fount of suffering, and that bringing more souls here is in a way an immoral act.

I'm just putting ideas out there to start a discussion, don't take any offense.  Let's get some insights instead.  It's kind of weird to think about this -- but would blowing up the Earth be the most ethical thing we could do for ourselves?  Think about it!

The only reason we like life is because we're here.  And we don't like it 100%, not even close.  Why would we choose to be in a place where we don't like it 100%?  We would not!  And nothing is carried over.  At least religious folks have a story of carry-over -- what happens here is somehow related to what happens in the next place.  That gives this place a moral imperative.  But as enlightened beings, we could seemingly skip this experience without any consequence.

Relevant videos to watch:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I see it as the Ultimate Reality being a loving teenage friend who decides to befriend the nerdy kid in class who gets bullied all the time (the one who suffers). When its true love, you include Everything.because you are Everything. The One.

This is just my poetic view. If you are looking for a "backed-up theory" ,I got nothing. All I know is to be alive is a miracle in itself.

16 minutes ago, harisankartj said:

loving teenage friend who decides to befriend the nerdy kid in class who gets bullied all the time (the one who suffers).

great analogy!!

the only reason I think we are here is because of Love, cause seriously if it were for Truth, there would still be nothing hahaha.

Matt Kahn says we are here just to show how miraculous we are.

Very very confronting. And to some extend dark. You can use this analogy on a micro scale in terms of suicide for example. 

Even though the ego is a source of suffering... We don't hate life THAT much. 

And what is there to like without suffering? This contrast gives birth to meanings we attach onto things.

@Joseph Maynor @Joseph Maynor @Joseph Maynor

Its a interesting point to make. And maybe this reflects the worldview of a lot of humans. 

It seems that the absolute nature of us does not mind suffering, it comes into being from a fearless and transendent dimension. That is to say just before coming into being it doesn't say before I go into this dream I am laying down some rules!stop-sign-hand-290575.jpg

•Rule number one- No suffering I don't like that shit! 

The absolute has openly and willingly accepted everything that happens to itself.

with deeper & deeper enlightenments it will become more and more clear. from our limited human- organism perspective it will be hard to understand. That's why deeper enlightenments are needed

in the grand scheme of things its all okay, we are eternal.

The no-self loves having kids - little gods and goddesses. It puts us all in this life on earth called school, and sets up its own rules to see how well we do in this life. Does anyone have awakening experiences of life being a school? One of Leo's blog explains life being a school - earth phenomenon. I have heard from others that when you graduate well, you go to heaven phenomenon and there are 8 different stages of heaven phenomenon. And, 8 different stages of the opposite. ¬¬ And then, there is the no-self.

I have been born another time to prove a last time to myself that it doesn't matter what you try - you cannot fuck with the devil in his own world.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

i am not a thing experiencing Earth. i am a fraction of Earth experiencing what it is like to BE consciously.

i haven't come to Earth and i ain't going nowhere.

unborn Truth

Resistance is to suffering what surrender is to freedom.

There is so much beauty within existence, all one has to do is open their eyes. After all, something out of nothing is absolutely magical right? 

@Joseph Maynor ever watched a scary movie? If you did, you chose to because all is well, it's just a movie.   Also, every single one of us can exit this any moment we want, which, hopefully, triggers that we actually want life.  Great question! 

@Brimstone dream out of love....right? & I love your words! 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Here's another video on point.  Maybe blowing up the Earth would be a form of masculine compassion.  Again, just provoking a discussion here; I'm not saying I endorse any of these views.  The baby horse example is on point!

Thanks @Nahm , absolutely unconditional love beyond words indeed!

If there is no me, how could they be my words though, lol, sorry to be cheeky. To be perfectly honest this idea helps me to maintain a degree of detachment so I don't get to caught up in myself as I try to scrape away unwanted residue, that has crept back in. 

In all sincerity the short time I have been a part of this community I have been humbled by all of you here, including you, which is a good thing. :D

16 minutes ago, Brimstone said:

In all sincerity the short time I have been a part of this community I have been humbled by all of you here, including you, which is a good thing.

this is truly beautiful. :)

unborn Truth

45 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Here's another video on point.  Maybe blowing up the Earth would be a form of masculine compassion.  Again, just provoking a discussion here; I'm not saying I endorse any of these views.  The baby horse example is on point!

@Joseph Maynor I think a collectively masculine mindset is on its way to blowing up part of the human race one of these days. We are out here disrespecting our mother earth. The good news is that everything is ok and being will be restored in due time, somehow, because it must.

"Move and the way will open."
– Zen Proverb

Alan watts said something relevant to this topic let's see if I can recall it:

If you were given the power to do whatever you wanted what would you do? Maybe you would start out by fulfilling all of your craziest dreams and deepest pleasures. But eventually that would get stale, so you start acting out little dramas like crime shows where there's a conflict but it's okay because you're always safe in the end. As time goes on, the dramas get more and more involved with more complicated plots. But again, you were always safe in the end when the curtains were finally drawn. After enough time in this cycle you end up with, well, sorta the kind of life you're living now.

4 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Whoa there...now now...like I said, life is a school. If this happens, we may not graduate properly. God knows what the no-self has install for us. We were once dinosaurs, maybe, rulers of the earth. We may embody into some other form once the human embodiment is gone. Let's not take that chance and try to trigger some peace in this life.

avatar-james-cameron-movie-sequels-scripts.jpg

This looks like a better embodiment but you never know. You never know if we get a worse embodiment. 

Not a chance, this is exciting :D 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@harisankartj

"On 10/4/2017 at 9:03 AM, harisankartj said:

loving teenage friend who decides to befriend the nerdy kid in class who gets bullied all the time (the one who suffers).

great analogy!!"

//

This sounds like a projection of Jesus to me.  Jesus is a pipe-dream.  Sometimes reality is Satan too.  But all of the time, reality is neither.  Reality is indifferent to human proclivities.  Reality is just as much about someone getting randomly murdered at a Vegas show as it is about befriending the special needs kid who gets picked on in school.  Let's not wear pink glasses -- I wanna be reality as it is, not as the mind wants it to be.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 10/4/2017 at 9:39 AM, Visionary said:

Very very confronting. And to some extend dark. You can use this analogy on a micro scale in terms of suicide for example. 

Even though the ego is a source of suffering... We don't hate life THAT much. 

And what is there to like without suffering? This contrast gives birth to meanings we attach onto things.

It's not about hating life.  It's about whether we would have chosen to be here.  Not hating life is a much lower bar than that.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

20 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Joseph Maynor ever watched a scary movie? If you did, you chose to because all is well, it's just a movie.   Also, every single one of us can exit this any moment we want, which, hopefully, triggers that we actually want life.  Great question! 

@Brimstone dream out of love....right? & I love your words! 

Think of all the people who never realize your movie idea?  Would blowing up the Earth on their behalf justify the .00001% of enlightened beings taking one for the ginormous suffering team?  Your perspective is not the only perspective.  Ya know?

Edited by Joseph Maynor