bazera

"many People Do Not Do As Much As You Do Right Now" Approach

14 posts in this topic

So, I have been thinking about this lately and want to hear your opinions,

I am 20 years old guy, and I do more things then the average people in my country of my age (at least people who I know). For example, I try to read every single day and so on, nothing special. But the thing is, when I don't do something I think I should be doing, and complain about that with somebody, for example with my friend, I get a response something like this: "Many people do not do even that, so don't worry about this".

The last time of that was when I hadn't read not even a single page for like a week, and complained about that with my friend (I don't know why I talk about these kind of things with my friends to begin with, but that's another topic) and she told me that people aren't reading as much as you do, so don't feel worried about it.

The question is, I should not be interested in what other people are doing, because I have my own life and I don't have any right to judge other's lives. But I feel internally that those kind of phrases makes me calm an makes me think something like: "Yeah, they aren't even doing the half of what I do, so I just shouldn't worry that I skipped a week of my plan).

So, what would you suggest? I know that it's not the healthy way if thinking, but how can I change it? 

This is a fucking stupid advice. Don't compare yourself to other people. If you feel you need to read every day, then do it. Don't compare yourself to other, because most others are losers and stuck in a shitty life, that's why they don't read as often.

The only reason these excuses make you feel calm because they are in fact excuses. You know what would feel even better? To actually do what you have to do. Don't judge other people and don't compare yourself to them. Don't use the opther people for your own excuses.

Also...why do you complain? :P Especially about the things that you mess up yourself...especially to your female friends? A winner never complains.

Not to worry is good advice, comparing yourself to other people is bad advice.

Those people are so frustrating, most people are completely hollow, worthless, judgmental, mechanical and a simply a waste of space not trying to rise up from their dull lives or even recognize that there's a problem.

Luckily their opinions don't fucking matter ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJWcrMdzMLs&index=33&list=PLAzuNEPIFEpysV8i818Kz3dKcQ_WGJOVp

That said it's far more important that you live and evolve than to spend time reading books.

Edited by Keyblade Viking

1 hour ago, Keyblade Viking said:

Those people are so frustrating, most people are completely hollow, worthless, judgmental, mechanical and a simply a waste of space not trying to rise up from their dull lives or even recognize that there's a problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJWcrMdzMLs&index=33&list=PLAzuNEPIFEpysV8i818Kz3dKcQ_WGJOVp

That said it's far more important that you live and evolve than to spend time reading books.

Yes it is, but you say that a daily reading habit isn't a good thing to have?

5 minutes ago, bazera said:

Yes it is. I think he means you should take action too and not only reading ;)

1 hour ago, Keyblade Viking said:

Lol, how ironic:x

5 hours ago, bazera said:

The question is, I should not be interested in what other people are doing, because I have my own life and I don't have any right to judge other's lives. But I feel internally that those kind of phrases makes me calm an makes me think something like: "Yeah, they aren't even doing the half of what I do, so I just shouldn't worry that I skipped a week of my plan).

So, what would you suggest? I know that it's not the healthy way if thinking, but how can I change it? 

Try focus only on you, not on others. You read becouse you like and this is the only thing that matters, and if you made a daily routine  on reading, it's even better.

Things like  "others don't do much as you do" are not good  to be taken seriously, it will give you a some kind of comfort zone and will steal your atention of your goals. You gotta be smart and don't let this happen.

4 hours ago, Keyblade Viking said:

Nice "holier than you" attitude, bro ;) Not judgemental at all.

@bazera Be careful. By judging other people you are feeding your ego and thats bad, mmkay? Not everyone should be smartass, all people has the same value, as you.

16 hours ago, bazera said:

16 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

Yes it is. I think he means you should take action too and not only reading ;)

This, it can be a bad habit if it's just mental mastrubation and you don't take anything from it but otherwise it's a great habit :) 

@bazera , what if I told you that all those "cute" attributes you enumerate here about "other people" are in fact the way you see yourself? 

Take some time to see where and when... Leo's video on how to use people might help you. 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Ayla Yes, probably. I see myself rather differently from time to time, my self-image depends on many things, and changes daily (not the core of it, but some parts of it).

The problem here was that I don't like how I feel when somebody tells me that there are people who don't do as much as I do, and I shouldn't worry that I don't do my thing perfectly (Yes, I shouldn't worry, and I mustn't be a perfectionist, but not because others are lazy). 

I shouldn't care what other people do with their daily lives, and must be fully concentrated on my goals. But the lower self awakes when I am told that I am better then somebody, and I say something like: "No no, I am not better then any of those guys", but the problem is, I don't feel that way, I feel that I am somehow better because I read, because I do this, I do that...

And that is what I am trying to fix because I know that it really isn't healthy :)