Hero in progress

Don't Try And One Up On Each Other Or Point Out Peoples Ego, Have Compassion.

21 posts in this topic

If we feel compelled or triggered sometimes on this forum to point out peoples ego just remember this.

When we are unconscious by definition we don't know we are unconscious, you also have to remember there is a force within us that trys to keep us from being more present. And this is our mind. We can't control it either, so if someone appears to have some unconsciousness of there ego playing up, and we feel triggered by this just remember to try and see The bigger picture of it. Humanity has a collective mind, and we have all been born into this and have "unwittingly" absorbed this consciousness. We had no choice it was forced upon us! And really that ego is thought entity's that come up and some traction happens, some pull latches onto this. And really the one Self at that point had no choice or couldn't do anything about it at all at that moment. 

So at a moment like this it is the perfect time to become completely present of yourself because ego triggers your ego doesn't it? You ever noticed that? Just like someones pain body triggers your pain body and sometimes there's enough energy there for something to get triggered and at that point you really didn't have a choice And a reaction just happens.

Guys let's work together, let's not divide and compete or one up on each other. You have to remember we are all in the same boat. Working at this stuff that is very difficult, maybe the hardest thing one can do. Raising consciousness is a tricky business for all of us! Why? Again precisely because there is a energy that's works against that from happening. And if the truth of you is the world and at the same time not of the world then you can see from that paradox that the real truth of us did not have a choice or couldn't do anything other that what they were compelled to do or behave or react at that time. 

Compassion is the doorway to a deeper understanding, and if you don't feel compassion at the moment then fine, thats okay to, because you really don't have a choice if you feel or don't at this point. 

My heart goes out to you, I admire you for taking this journey by yourself to a deeper more authentic place, and its not easy I know, you live in a world of ego, were people can trigger you round every corner. But something has called you, some response has come from you, and that in its self is a blessing. I have tryed to open people up to investigate into what's true and there was no space for that to happen, they were shut off, ignorant in delusion. Is that their fault? Off course not, how could it be?

All gratitude to the One Self, the truth.

Right on HIP-star, lol

Who do we fail when we fail to see through the cloud of bullshit to the Truth that rests in us all? And just as significantly what does it serve?

Am also filled with gratitude for being able to recognise that within myself on this sight, so thanks for the light.

In saying that and being completely superficial I have got to say that I am not a fan of the like button on this site as it promotes validation, which serves only one master.

Maybe it's not just one-upping. Maybe is also misunderstandings and misinterpretation. Different people have different life experiences and words and experiences are limited.

3 hours ago, Key Elements said:

Maybe is not just one-upping. 

Yes, but what else is it? Peekaboo, hehe

Is it possible that if I am being an ass that That is going to let me know that I am being an ass, whether that arises within myself, or it comes from an external source? 

3 hours ago, Brimstone said:

Yes, but what else is it? Peekaboo, hehe

Is it possible that if I am being an ass that That is going to let me know that I am being an ass, whether that arises within myself, or it comes from an external source? 

Ok, I will give examples of what I mean for futher clarification.

1. Let's say that someone just graduated from the university as an engineer and tries to look for a job. He has a hard time because the job market lists engineering jobs with the requirement of 5+ yrs of experience. 

A person who has just graduated with an engineering degree has a different perspective than someone who has 5+ yrs of experience in engineering and who has helped in the construction of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. Unless, the newbie gets more experience in the same field, he will not be able to communicate with someone who has many years of experience in the same field.

Let's take this deeper. Most people can relate to the above example. The same concept could be applied to more profound things.

2. One person has just started dating. Another person has been married for over 10+ yrs with children. The one who has just started dating may not even be able to relate to the one who has been married for years. They may have different core values when it comes to commitment. If they have a discussion about how to have a successful marriage, it's quite possible for misunderstandings and misinterpretations. 

3. It's very unlikely that a person who has travelled and lived in India for years and eventually became citizen there will be able to communicate that experience with someone who likes to stay in his own backyard. 

4. It's almost impossible to relate to someone with an awakening or awakenings if the other person has no experience of awakenings. 

This is what I mean by misunderstandings and misinterpretations in communication.

Point taken @Key Elements 

I understand what you are saying completely and wasn't trying to be smart, or denote a higher level of anything, I was just posing a question in general pointing towards whether or not there is a point of equalisation that is all encompassing to every aspect, that goes beyond the differing sets of conditioning. Sorry if you took it otherwise

That's just your ego speaking, don't tell me what to do. mad.png 

41 minutes ago, Brimstone said:

Point taken @Key Elements 

I understand what you are saying completely and wasn't trying to be smart, or denote a higher level of anything, I was just posing a question in general pointing towards whether or not there is a point of equalisation that is all encompassing to every aspect, that goes beyond the differing sets of conditioning. Sorry if you took it otherwise

No I'm not. The message is for everyone. Sorry if I didn't say it quite right. See, this is what I mean. :P

haha, now I am laughing my ass off, thanks again :D

Edited by Brimstone

@Key Elements

The point is valid, and of course one can recognize we are all coming at the same thing from different directions, that goes without saying, however differences in interpretation & experience is not the same as being emotionally triggered, or pointing outing and demonizing peoples egocentricity. That in its self is the ego. I write this post, because I know that the mind likes to do these things, my one too. And this post changes the context in which to see thing that type of situation. It comes from a more holistic place of understanding & compassion. 

8 hours ago, Hero in progress said:

@Key Elements

The point is valid, and of course one can recognize we are all coming at the same thing from different directions, that goes without saying, however differences in interpretation & experience is not the same as being emotionally triggered, or pointing outing and demonizing peoples egocentricity. That in its self is the ego. I write this post, because I know that the mind likes to do these things, my one too. And this post changes the context in which to see thing that type of situation. It comes from a more holistic place of understanding & compassion. 

Yes, true. Some people are emotionally triggered, and it's obvious. I'm just trying to say that sometimes it's not very obvious. It's subtle and not as easy to recognize. I think this is what I'm trying to say. Here, I'll give examples.

I do notice something among people in real life, and sometimes because of this we're not as opened up to conversations/communications as we ought to be on the forum or elsewhere. Could the ego play a role in this? Probably.

Here's a simple example. Two guys are good friends. They share lots of things together without hesitation. The first guy visits the second guy's home and meets his wife. The first guy thinks that the second guy's wife is overweight. So, he just points it out to her, not knowing that it made her feel uncomfortable. On the second visit, he points it out to her again. This time he notices that she's not saying hello or talking to him. When he points it out the third time, she started confronting him saying that she already knows she's overweight and it's hard to keep it off and to change the topic. However, he brings it up again and again in the future. Could this be ego? One could say it's subtle ego. Sometimes different life experiences triggers ego is what I'm saying - in subtle ways. And, we pick sides and it's not so obvious. So, instead of thinking that something deeper is going on, we just pass it off as laziness to keep off weight or some other negative thing.

Ok,:), here's another one. An old man from Germany decides to get his son an arranged marriage to a gal from India. The son agrees. But, the son's friend thinks that it is strange and keeps bringing up the topic in negative ways. Instead of actually travelling and finding out what arranged marriages is about from all different angles, the friend just keeps assuming and criticizing.

I'm only saying that the ego is subtle. Sometimes being emotionally triggered is not that obvious. 

Just to play a little devil's advocate for a moment, here's another video on point:

This is a great topic. When it comes to ego, sometimes it's hard to put the main idea into the right context. Where do we draw the line between misinterpretations, misunderstandings, and ego? It's not so easy to draw the line for yourself and others. 

Start by drawing the line within you @Key Elements , or whoever it is having the thought to be less specific towards any individual, as you are the story teller, and the character creator in your story on surface level. That is not meant to be offensive, although it is confronting, to recognise that to see ego is ego itself, or more broadly that you are the conduit for projecting illusion/duality into being. 

One of the biggest traps of a dualist mind, is to define oneself by what one is not, which is One of the infinite pointers that reveals a connection funnily enough. For example, when I see someone as egoic, it feeds the idea that as I see ego in you, I must be humble as I do not like that behaviour, thus perpetuating illusion of mind. This is a trap, as it feeds the narrative that we are seperate within creation, as it conceptualises an other, where there is no other at all. This brings you back to the point that everything that you see and perceive is you, it isn't the person you see, it is all you, end of story. You are the narrative that chatters in your mind, no one else. 

From that point it all becomes about ownership and responsibility, and if you are serious about going beyond the game, then you need to start being honest within yourself.

Edited by Brimstone

@Brimstone I get what you're saying. The simplest solution to dealing with all these cases is simply let the thoughts go by (all the emotions/ego) and just be. Just be in the moment and continue with daily life. Continue with work/life purpose/other stuff in being without being disturbed by ego. It's not perfect but try your best.

Watching thoughts without attachment is a great exercise for sure @Key Elements , so is practising just being. 

When you feel comfortable if compelled though try looking at the space between the thoughts (Leo mentions that meditation also) , which is powerful stuff as full recognition of the sky is enlightenment, the rest is just noise. The sky is purity beyond conception and the base of what we experience.

To be honest though, I can't tell you what to do, no one can, as the narrative as you experience is yours alone at a micro level, so again it comes back to ownership and responsibility, it comes back to self and what you really want, what is important to you. In other words, find what works and go with it.