Being Your Own Boss, Making Money Working For Yourself

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a couple question for those of you who know how to become and are Self-Imployed, making quite a bit of money .

How did you become Self-Imployed?

How much emotional labor did it require to become Self-Imployed?

Is Self-Employment worth the emotional labor invested?

Pros/Cons of Self-Imployment in your opinion? 

[insert quote here]

2 hours ago, 123456789 said:

Hello, I have a couple question for those of you who know how to become and are Self-Imployed, making quite a bit of money .

How did you become Self-Imployed? I quit my job and opened an insurance agency. After a few years I moved on to other incomes. Still have the agency. 

How much emotional labor did it require to become Self-Imployed? It took a lot of time. Emotional labor is entirely subjective. I loved it. I was building my dream and treating people the way I wanted to be treated. 

Is Self-Employment worth the emotional labor invested? You're likely going to work a lot wether you are building your dream or someone else's. 

Pros/Cons of Self-Imployment in your opinion? The risk of self employment is failure, but this is an illusionary risk because failure would simply likely mean getting a job again. Careful not to invest more money than vision. The whole thing boils down to what kind of person you are. People make a simple decision on working hard or not for an individual. If you are considering it, and you are here asking about it, IMO, that puts you in a category - and my advice is absolutely do it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

as others have said the conception that being an entrepeneur or a ceo is a life of freedom is an illusion. your ceo is your boss, and if youre a ceo then your customers are your boss and if you are a small startup with heaps of customers your angel investors are your boss.

and if youre an investor... wow you dont have a boss congratulations, but you lack every freedom you were once looking for.

the closest you can get to not having a boss is to either be a musician director or professor, incredibly creative professions that kind of mask the boss like constraints into a pure creativity.

or being a preist.

Pros:

Replace yourself by hiring & training people who hire & train people, who service the customers

Spend most of your time with your family, travel, take up hobbies, pursue your spirituality / enlightenment

helping others become financially independent

Work with others on new start ups

Mentoring your employees

Expands your mind as to what is possible

Investing in others, playing a role in supporting their dream

Cons:

requires (sometimes) a pretty radical belief in what is possible and a crazy level of focus on one's own vision. This ime, starts off in the cons column, and moves over time to the pros column

requires us to constantly be doing what we want to do. For me, this is exercise, meditation, and chalk board mapping / vision

when others doubt themselves, specifically your employees, you must maintain the perspective that allows your vision to be able to lead 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@123456789

How did you become Self-Employed?

I got clear on my goals and what I needed to do and become in order to have what it is I really want for myself and for my future and family. I also took a huge leap of faith into the unknown and uncertainty, constantly researching and educating myself on being the best version of me I can possibly be. 

How much emotional labour did it require to become Self-Employed?

A lot, you have times where you doubt yourself, where you think it would be easier to give up. Sometimes you will hate it and love it again, frustrating. A whole range of emotions but if you good at managing your emotions and centering yourself, remembering why you need to stay focus, you will find it very rewarding as you grow and learn a lot about yourself along the way as well. 

Is Self-Employment worth the emotional labor invested?

YES 100% if you are doing what you love and are passionate about.

Pros/Cons of Self-Employment in your opinion? 

Pros (for me):

- I pick my own hours when I want to work

- I make all the executive decisions on who works for me, how my business is run, the vision for my business

- Chance to earn more than you did working for someone else

- Doing what I love and being paid to do it

- Seeing other people progress from my services is the most rewarding 

-I get to spend more time doing other things I love to do & travelling

Cons:

- It is one hell of an emotional roller coaster ride

-Sometimes you are required to work longer in the beginning 

- Faced with many challenges, that will challenge you how mentally & emotionally tough you are to stayed committed & determined

- It may cost you more investing in yourself and in your business to help it grow and get clients