Echoes

Dream Insight

2 posts in this topic

Just wanted to share a short insight I had today

Last night I had a dream where I lost something. I can't remember exactly what it was...but it was something of perceived value, like my smartphone or my wallet. I was searching for it desperately but couldn't find it. As I woke up, the feeling of -something important is missing and you have to find it- was still there for a few seconds... kinda in the mode where you are half asleep and half awake. Then I forgot about it.

In the shower the memory came up again, together with the realization that that's what I'm doing my whole life: I'm searching for something important to complete me. But the important thing exists only in the dream of my life story. In the dream of thoughts. There isn't actually anything missing right now. There was never anything missing outside the thought-dream. I only dreamed up that something was missing. Dreamed up approval, the perfect girlfriend, enlightenment, the ultimate state of health, etc... Thinking I can find "it" in these things is the same as wanting to go back to my night's dream to find the smartphone/wallet and finally achieve contentment

Edited by Echoes