egoless

Natural Vs Synthetic Psychadelics

9 posts in this topic

After watching Leo's new vdieo (Correcting The Stigma Of Psychedelics) I felt the need to open this topic for discussion. @Leo Gura I agree with you about open mindedness which is essential when researching this topic, but I don't understand why synthetic Psychedelics need to exist at all... The Nature gifted us such a powerful tools as shrooms and 5 Meo, then why is there a need to synthetically create new ones? In my opinion it is far more dangerous to experiment with synthetics because you are not always sure what you are getting (I know about testing kits but still...) Plus I think that they have a potential to harm us in a long run. Yes, md may feel amazing and has potential to completely open you to the music but I think it may be only worth taking once in lifetime and at its purest form in a proper environment. Even Md has potential to fk up your serotonin levels in the brain in long run so what about LSD and other synthetics? Why shouldn't we say NO! to all the synthetics and join the "team nature"? 

Edited by egoless

@egoless I'm with you on this perspective. Admittedly, I have not experienced the synthetic psychs, so I don't know. However, had I ended my shroom experiences at smaller doses (2-3G) I would have probably tried something 'harder'.   I'm so thankful for Leo. A source of knowledge and information on psychs is so long overdue. ❤️

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

25 minutes ago, DrMobius said:

Say no to LCD! Team OLED unite!

More seriously, there's nothing inherently wrong with synthetic psychedelics. I know there's this belief that anything "natural" is supposedly "safer", but that's just not true. It really depends on the molecule itself, not the way it's been obtained. For example, Datura is natural, but it's highly toxic, whereas LSD is (mostly) synthetic but it's proven to be a very clean and safe compound.

Synthetic psychedelics are in fact preferable to their natural counterparts, for two good reasons: they are much purer, and we can obtain bigger quantities easier. This is the case of 5-MeO-DMT for example. Do you know just how much plant material is needed to extract an usable amount? A lot. Lab synthesis avoids lots of trouble.

At the end of the day a molecule is a molecule. I think the word "natural" is twisted in most people minds anyway. We humans are natural too! What we do IS natural too!

I am not sure about molecule but man made is man made. I don't know in what way they could fk up in the shady laboratory somewhere... Are you sure molecule is molecule? even the slightest difference and deviation can cause side effects... I think it's impossible to get those in their purest forms made in clean laboratories with 100% dedication. At the end of the day those are illegal drugs which are made synthetically evil knows where... We don't even know in what kind of environment are these psychedelics made. 

Edited by egoless

This is a common trap that people fall into of: natural vs artificial. This is an illusory duality.

Just because something is "natural" doesn't mean a damn thing. There are many natural mushroom species which will kill you.

If you've wanna go "natural", you better start by getting rid of your house, your car, your smart phone, your cloths, your computer, your toilet paper, your toothpaste, your aspirin, your soda, your band-aids, your surgeries, your music, your A/C, etc.

The science and clinical evidence is clearly showing that "synthetic" psychedelics are just as good, if not better than "natural" ones.

There is nothing as magical in nature as 99.8% pure synthetic 5-MeO-DMT.

Nature equipped humans with a brain so we could use it to invent better solutions than can be found in the forest.

Many "natural" psychedelics actually contain unneeded toxins. Which is why people vomit on them. Vomiting is your body's natural reaction to toxic substances.

I have yet to vomit on any substance I've taken, because I go out of my way to make sure they are pure.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

When i smoke Changa which is herbs infused with DMT there seems to be a spiritual connection with the herbs that come out into the experience and you understand how every specific herb and its effects is manifesting into the experience, where when smoke pure DMT it feels like a sharp/direct connection to source. At least it feels that way for me, the geometry, patterns and what you experience is more direct, sharp, clear and jarring while changa or dmt infused with herbs seems more mellow and geometry is no to sharp but can loop and bend and spiral in loops based on the plant-consciousness specific nature that interfere/interact with the highly enhanced state.

There is definitely things you can notice especially in altered states of consciousness but ultimately are and lead to the same understanding/outcome so all in all everything is and becomes ultimately one and the same. How you choose to perceive and integrate is another story.

B R E A T H E

Mushrooms do have a very natural feel to them which feels Earthy and mushroom-like.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I agree with the majority of the posts.  One thing I'd like to add:

Most psychedelic users are familiar with the description of tryptamines as an experience that "comes in waves."  Meaning you go up and down in intensity sort of like a roller coaster.  Natural substances tend to be much smoother roller coasters than synthetics in general.  LSD is sort of a wild up and down roller coaster experience where as my personal favorite and often forgotten mescaline is a smooth journey with gradual inclines and declines.   Same with psilocybin, and ayahuasca.  This doesn't always apply, as I've never taken AL-LAD, but based on everyone's description here it sounds very similar to the natural substances in terms of the intensity of the wave phenomenon.  

Edited by Heart of Space

Anyways... why should one try synthetic when Leo describes full non-dual experience on shrooms? At the end of the day that's what the most important right? And not how some visuals are more powerful then the other... shrooms are made by earth and as Leo stated in his video their use might be dated 9000 B.C. When did lsd appear??? You keep repeating science when in reality as often turns out many scientists don't know shit when it comes to some topics - they think that they do but some years pass and it turns out that they were drastically wrong... I'm just saying that I trust in what's tasted with long time!