Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leo Gura

Re: Las Vegas Shooting

21 posts in this topic

Ya'll are probably starting to hear the news trickle in about the deadly mass shooting which took place last night in Las Vegas.

It happened about 2 miles from where I live, actually.

Since ya'll know I'm from Vegas, there will be a lot of folks sending me messages and asking questions. No need. I'm perfectly fine.

Unfortunately the same cannot be said for 450+ others folks today in Las Vegas.

A sad day for Las Vegas, America, and mankind. As a species, we still have a lot of growing up to do.

The best response to low-consciousness behavior like this is self-reflection and awareness.

As you watch the videos and the news, stay very mindful of your own judgments, emotions, and reactions. Notice how your mind twists the news to justify whatever narrative, belief system, or agenda you have as a self. Try to stay conscious rather than reacting, justifying, emoting, finger-pointing, or advancing some kind of political agenda. Notice how the mind uses tragedy to sneakily serve its own needs. Just be mindful of whatever is happening as it happens, and notice the difference between simple awareness vs monkey-mind reactivity.

Instead of blaming people, try to put yourself in the shoes of the victims, but also the victimizer. See how long you can maintain your mindfulness. Which, BTW, should not be interpreted as a suggestion to suppress your emotions. Mindfulness is the opposite of suppression: it's a careful, precise, real-time observation of the monkey-mind at work.

And come visit Las Vegas sometime. It's still a great town.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

That is very rough, much love to you man. 

Are your friends and family oke?

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Glad you are ok Leo. ?? Sending love and prayers are for all involved or affected.

Edited by zenjen

"Move and the way will open."
– Zen Proverb

There is this quote that I am reminded of from this master...

"The only way to end the violence in yourself, in others, and in the world that sorrounds you is through inner faith, and inner meditation.  Dont look for false doors to end the violence."

Glad you are okay :) 

Considering the last time Leo was late for a video a few weeks ago, I found that someone had jumped from an apartment complex in Vegas and wondered what the hell was going on!  Then a few weeks later, we get yet another massacre, except this one being the first on Trump's watch.

They said the killer was wealthy & a professional gambler, making money hand over fist, playing $100 hands at Poker.  I figure he was a highly functioning sociopath that lived for cheap thrills.  I bet he had thought about performing a massacre over the past few decades whilst contemplating suicide, a similar mindset that serial killers have: they want to be caught or dead, they want it to be sensational, & it's all done for thrills.  Like serial killers, or sociopaths, they don't have any feelings & because of that, they can't have any compassion for anyone.

It's still quite bizarre that someone who had everything they could want would act this way.  I wonder if he had killed anyone else before this.

And the body count is rising...

when i heard the news, I think about Leo, glad he's okay.

I'm glad that you're okay Leo. I never even thought of the possibility that you might be affected. It's not that I don't know that you live in Vegas, but you don't strike me as a country fan to such a high degree that it literally never even crossed my mind.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

When you go into a public area, try to avoid the crowd is what came to my mind - a way to stay safe.

Also...

Be alert of your environment. Stores and other places have security cameras. Look for them and go with someone or friends/family if you can. 

@Leo Gura I'm glad you are OK too... My mainstream media intake is fairly minimal, but I was listening to the radio today and a local news man for the station just happened to be there and did an interview with an intense account of the massacre/ experience (with sound effects and everything)...yes, I will be mindful....it is sad, humanity...

I would imagine that despite it already being a rather intense place, that the energy there is quite heavy...thinking of you...I will consider visiting someday. I extend the invite as well, please come visit the fabulous west coast of BC sometime too (even as my guest) it's a bit of a haven from some of the darkness and destruction...

Edited by Epiphany_Inspired
remove happy faces, jokes, likely inappropriate...

Oh! I didn't know that such a thing happened.. Leo, I'm so glad that you are okay.. sending my prayers to the ones who are affected..

Let's see here, you are posting about something which is Close to you but other shooting s have you never even mentioned. 

The ego much?

Glad you are okay Leo. Makes you shudder on hearing such news but we are all unconscious. Goes to show how consciousness is the need of the hour for mankind . I can start connecting the dots with the unconsciousness and misery in the heart of the  victimiser and become conscious of that in myself. Mindfulness all the way .

And sure, I am still coming to Las Vegas! (some day).

1 hour ago, Egoisego said:

Let's see here, you are posting about something which is Close to you but other shooting s have you never even mentioned. 

The ego much?

lol

I was happy to find something like this on mainstream media. I think it does make a point, and although it mainly focuses on Trump, it also applies as an approach to politics and news in general. Now go ahead and seize the opportunity to practice "mindful resistance"!

https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/2017/10/2/16394320/mindful-resistance-key-defeating-trump-mindfulness

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

@Egoisego@SuperLuigi

we know his location based off his profile

xQNNM.png

and his retreat thing if my memory doesn't fail me he did mention it, as he drove away from vegas and back at the end of his retreat

anyway back to our mini mindfulness exercise

---

@ leo

glad your ok man

do you plan to move out to a safer location perhaps? or you don't mind vegas after getting used to it?

Edited by khalifa

On 10/3/2017 at 6:05 AM, Egoisego said:

The ego much?

I am posting because ya'll start sending me PMs, emails, leaving comments, and gossiping.

Of course we mostly only talk about things close to us. You don't talk about shootings in Africa unless you live there.

8 hours ago, khalifa said:

do you plan to move out to a safer location perhaps? or you don't mind vegas after getting used to it?

Safer? Where would that be?

There's no escaping a nutcase with an assault rife in the US.

What is the truth and how does the ego play with it?

Is this a space to share conspiracies or dissection of current events?  Seems tragedy and conspiracy are plagues of human history. I gather this community is concerned with social evolution. How does the self-actualized interpret the truth of tragedy?

What is relevant is that we're living in a society of tragedies. So, Leo, are you going to speak on societal/worldwide distress and transcending the individual spirit? I'd like to see a video on that.

@Safari Celeste I don't want Actualized.org to be too political, but I will be discussing broader social topics in the future. You'll see how personal development and consciousness work and philosophy intersects with community, humanity, evolution, and public policy.

Being a good citizen is really just an outgrowth of consciousness. Which is why we have so many problems in politics and society. People are not conscious enough to be good citizens. Relationship and community based on ego and dishonesty doesn't work well.

It's a messed up world we live in for sure.