Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spiral

Strange Result With Eye Contact

8 posts in this topic

So I have this female friend who is attracted to me at least, physically. So I tried having extended eye contact to teaser her about it, while talking or listening to her. Thing is she can't talk if I am doing that, she just stops mid sentence. This is kinda of the result I was expected but i did not expect her to like it.

P.S Don't do this unless you know someones likes you, you come of as really creepy.

Is this a thing everyone, regardless of gender experiences?  Do you like it when it happens?

Try that 'headbutt' technique that he talks about in the video. It's really effective. 

My take on this is that maybe she's just not used to having someone hold eye contact with her. I have a strong habit of holding eye contact with people when I talk to them. It comes naturally to me. But I've had people tell me that it makes them uncomfortable. So, when I was a pre-teen/teenager, I started to practice looking away from people every couple seconds to be more normal, as this is normally how people converse. Society likes to be nonchalant and dispassionate, so maintaining eye contact can be uncomfortable for people who aren't used to it. Also, because most people under the age of 25 have had most of their social interactions via text or instant messenger, regular one-on-one conversations can feel a little out of the ordinary because they are more intimate and are less controlled. So, the extra eye contact could potentially make the social guidelines in a one-on-one conversation even more difficult to suss out because it adds more intimacy to an already intimate conversation.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Society is screwed up so badly. There has not be enough people and educational resources to educated and train children and teens on how to socialize successfully. Even adults who still struggle to have a happy social and dating life aren't able to be guided well unless they pay a ridiculously hefty fee. The system is really f*cked.

Whenever I was attracted to someone I couldn't stand his eye contact. So I could never tell him my feelings. So they went to fuck a different girl who wasn't that inhibited. I train holding strong eye contact now so it never stands in my way again. I believe all people should train it because it conveys a kind of power + more people notice you, some of them smile at you etc.

It can be agressive for shy people. In my case I view it like a challenge.