Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dice

Psychedelics With Physical Illness

2 posts in this topic

My girlfriend and I are interested in psychedelics. However she suffers from chronic heart disease and I from chronic fatigue syndrom / fibromyalgia. My girlfriend had a heart operation as a newborn, now she is fine and can do almost anything. The doctors advised her not to do things that would extremely increase her blood pressure like for example squats with 200 pounds without exhaling. But she can do regular sport activities.

So you could argue that it is not a chronic disease. However, she is fairly limited in terms of carrying out extreme activities as she has to take care of herself.

So in this case i thought specifically about 5 meo, which lets your pulse go through the rooftop. I know you might advice "go consult a doctor", but their knowledge about psychedelics and 5 meo is very limited, often to the extent of not knowing anything at all in this regard. And I wouldn't hold your responses as a substitute for medical advice. Therefore, I would be interested in knowing your opinions.

I remember that Dr. Octavio Rettig said that over the last years he worked with thousands of clients and in his 5 meo retreats, a very few died owing to underlying health conditions.

My conclusions so far: In my case it’s probably not a big deal, maybe there is a risk that my chronic fatigue gets worse for a short period of time after a trip. With 5 meo I’m not sure. Regarding my girlfriend, some mild psychedelics with low doses, it's probably ok. However, not 5 meo because of its strong effect on the heart rate.

What do you think? Is it quite a risk and perhaps refrain from psychedelics especially with chronic physical illness or worth the risk?

Edited by dice

Don't start with 5-MeO. Start with something easier like LSD or mushrooms.

Your chronic fatigue isn't an issue.

Her heart condition is an issue for 5-MeO. But it should be okay with LSD and mushrooms because they don't raise heart rate in my experience.

Of course, take fully responsibility for your health and your choices. This is not medical advice.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.