AdamDiC

How To Be Yourself.

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, this was a journal entry i wrote, they tend to be more sincere then if i try writing for someone. i initially wanted to journal about my negative relationship with my mom, and then i kinda got some insights into emotions and self. ITS FUN STUFF. Enjoy:x

this is real, dont hide it. dont hide anything ever. for no one. be open to yourself. whatever you are feeling right now, is the most important thing in your life, the only reason you suffer is because you hold it in. is because you're afraid to be you. you're afraid to be seen as someone tender, someone afraid, someone angry or silly or stupid or nervous or ugly or quiet. you want to be perfect, so you lie to yourself and push the feelings away deep down. you cover them up with music and drugs and food and sex but they never go away. they harbour and grow stronger. and you never go anywhere but your thoughts. you are already perfect. you just dont know how to realize it. tend to your present moment emotions. your mindframe and thought pattern. understand that whatever you are now is perfect. theres no need to be something else because if it is happening now, it is infinitley perfect.

its not easy tho, we have been conditioned to always be seen as someone we're not. we believe the images we have created for us. that people have of us. and the problem is. everyones image of us is different. and we try to serve them not realizing the lie and pain we are causing. juggling all of these masks and hats creats a lot of problems. What if you could be the same person for everyone? not actually the same. but authentically the same. true to yourself. you have to unwire all the habitual thought patters that go with each image. you have to realize everyones playing this game to. being someone they are not. they really dont care how you act. because theyre stuck insude their own head and full of unauthenticity. its liberating to know this. that the only persons judgements you need to be free of is yourselves. then you can sit in any situation and just feel amazing. you conquered yourself so now everyone else feels like a bonus. no more getting nervous no more being afraid. but you will forget. i have, and it will take a long time till i realize it fully but its worth every fucking shiny penny knowing i can be free and full of love. i love you. all of you. sincerely. be brave, be yourself. its the only thing you can do.

Good job.  Journaling is such a boon to growth.

You should do the same exercise on this topic -- "Blocks to becoming your authentic self."

Watch this video too:

Edited by Joseph Maynor