Edvard

Nothing Right And Nothing Wrong. But That's Not Right

14 posts in this topic

Nothing is right or wrong - no way to live, no ideology, no knowledge or any concept. Not even saying so is right. Not even saying that saying so is not right, is right. Which makes me wonder, what is right about the path of self-actualization? Why is that right for me? The answer must be that it's not right, but still the understanding that nothing is right or wrong, we tend to say is right, but how is that right? 

- What to do...? Life ain't easy. But that's wrong, just a projection, which is also wrong. - Just shut up and be. My mind talking to itself. Ah... so that's right! NO!!! stfu!!! 

This post just happened...sorry... too ba... ehm..

In the eyes of God everything is right, there is no wrong. You thinking that something is wrong, is also right. So you can not try to ban wrongness from your life, since wrongness is also right.

The path of self-actualization is actually going through the uncertainty of right and wrong, and learn from it. Not by running away from it by trying to contain it into a concept. A lot of spiritual and personal seeking is just a way of running away from the "realness" of life. It's very comforting to try to run from life in concepts like "nothingness", "spirituality", "God" etc. But if you still do not truly embody this in your day-to-day life. It is just that, concepts. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Everything is neither right nor wrong. Thats just a distinction. Reality is no distinction, it just is. 

The art is to look without looking 

Right and wrong only exists because your ego exists. The ego distorts reality because it is limited while reality is not, atleast not in a way we could ever understand, because we don't even understand true inifnity with our mind without any concept, which again is limited.
Only without the ego trough clear consciousness you see reality as it is.
So essentially there is actually right or wrong as a construct of the ego which also is a construct itself. Now the question that remains is, is the construct real? A Human that is made of atoms is a human or does he remain atoms? The answer is always a matter of perspective are you looking from the deepest truth, the root of everything or are you looking from the world of labels and concepts?

Is it right to brutally murder a baby? No. There exist right and wrong, they are projections but look where they come from, a lot is necessary, a lot is not. Knowledge has an end, but not life. We have to manage our life, know how to live it, know our position in it. The ego is not necessary, only for low consciousness. A man has to fall (ego DIES) in order to stand for himSelf.

11 minutes ago, Highest said:

Is it right to brutally murder a baby? No.

Is it right to kill a cow? Most people would say yes. Is it right to kill a dog? Most people would say yes if it is against a human being's benefit and no if the dog serves a human. Does a baby suffer by being quickly killed? What if we have an overpopulation problem? You have to explain why a baby's life is more worth than a cow's life. The only one to make such a distinction is the ego. For the ego there is right and wrong. There are only right and wrong moves to make when it comes to reaching a goal that is beneficial for the ego's survival. So in that sense, yes, but of course ultimately nothing is right and wrong - which could be a mindfuck to the ego, which is my point; that getting realizations like these and things like free will makes you much closer to understanding that you ultimately are nothing, and that's when you start to see the problems of the ego. Which ultimately isn't a problem, making it a mindfuck. At least it seems like it's an important step on the road to enlightenment.

@Shiva Makes sense, but this is what you start to care less about when becoming more conscious and dissolving the ego, it seems.

2 minutes ago, Shiva said:

I'd say that is partially true. I think this is temporary. A lot of enlightened people engage a lot in social and humanitarian projects, Sadhguru for example. They develop deep love and compassion for others and therefore they start doing the "right" things.

Yeah, that often happens, but without morality. They don't need the rules, but do what feels authentic. And if their authenticity is totally against their culture - I guess that's fine for them. What may be looked at as horrible these days, may be accepted or preferred in the distant future.

In Truth, it appears as this is not-right, this is not-wrong, it is neither. It is not-neither though also. It is pureness, untouched by both aspects. Thus it isn't entirely accurate to say that nothing is wrong or right as it falls short. That is not to say that it is useful for the mind to acknowledge that.

Relative to morality, it is not-morality that is experienced either. It is just a reflection of That which is beyond conditioning and beyond knowing, which bubbles up as humility and unconditional love. It is pureness, although not-that either. 

Edited by Brimstone

19 hours ago, Edvard said:

Nothing is right or wrong - no way to live, no ideology, no knowledge or any concept. Not even saying so is right. Not even saying that saying so is not right, is right. Which makes me wonder, what is right about the path of self-actualization? Why is that right for me? The answer must be that it's not right, but still the understanding that nothing is right or wrong, we tend to say is right, but how is that right? 

- What to do...? Life ain't easy. But that's wrong, just a projection, which is also wrong. - Just shut up and be. My mind talking to itself. Ah... so that's right! NO!!! stfu!!!

That's right ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Edvard A thought questioning what is right or wrong is a thought questioning what is right or wrong. Everything is "is".

Well It's not right but also not not right ;)

See, we are playing with words here. Labels. Concepts. It's not about what's right or wrong because those things absolutely don't exist. They are just categories your mind creates to seperate things you like/ society likes and things you/society dislikes. You can not apply that to fundamental life. What is right about self actualization? Nothing. But there's nothing wrong either. Practically speaking it has certain benefits, in the end it is simply a matter of choice if you want to do it or not. If you enjoy it, do it. No right way to go.

A general rule I like to use: 

- Does it cause suffering to others? 

If yes, I would rather not do it (hence not eating meat / dairy or killing babies - human or otherwise.)

Not because it is wrong. But because I don't want to cause suffering. It is what it is.