Joseph Maynor

I Feel Kind Of Sad That I've Lost Almost All Of My Intellectual Interests

11 posts in this topic

notice that intellectuality does not necessarily equate intelligence. An intellectual who had access to a lot of factual information is nog necessarily a smart person. True intelligence comes from love. Replace your yearning for intellectuality with a yearning for love and you actually become a smarter and wiser person. Love does not mean the rejection of rational thought but it expands on it.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

@Joseph Maynor For you, yes ;)

Don't worry, they will come back. Life goes on, even after enlightenment. Lots of enlightened folks are also deeply intellectual. You just gotta divide and conquer this thing first.

Of course a lot of mental masturbation will fall away. But that should actually trim the fat off your intellectual pursuits and make it very potent. Why waste time studying bullshit?

These days, a lot of books or papers I can't even be bothered to read, or some people I can't bother to listen to, because it's just such bullshit after you experience nonduality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The intellectual layer, probably especially for us westerners, is probably the stickiest ego layer to let go off, from a young age we were taught it's all about getting it.

But this process will show you all of your thoughts are sort futile, and not yours, and especially regarding the ultimate nature of reality they are really futile, the quicker you can accept this the better.

And it didn't do any good or fun to begin with, you'll be much happier without it, really.

I'm experiencing this too. Maybe it's temporary, maybe it's not. @Leo Gura @Joseph Maynor

The Presence is growing inside me and as such, every thought, intellectual debate in my head or with other people is seen as noise and distraction. Everything flows from the intelligence of this Presence and, therefore, a lot of planning/intellectual understanding/strategic thinking is falling away because it seems pointless. Actualized.org is also seen as a distraction. Everything flows the way it is supposed to flow when I'm deep into this Presence/Stillness/Awareness and I stay as that. No thinking is needed.

Edited by Afonso

@Afonso I've seen different things in Leo's videos as my awareness has increased.  It's like reading the same novel when you're 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 years of age.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Yep! I read a lot because I wanted people to think that I am wise, intelligent and GOOD ENOUGH. Nowadays I'm just too lazy to read...

Edited by Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj

Hallå

The intellect has it's function. I would get rid of it altogether if I could, done it almost, but it always have it's function, without it we wouldn't be human. But reading books? Haha.

14 minutes ago, Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj said:

Yep! I read a lot because I wanted people to think that I am wise, intelligent and GOOD ENOUGH. Nowadays I'm just too lazy to read...

There is a spiritual teacher called Amoda Maa Jeevan who studied for a PhD in psychology for 13 yearsand was about to graduate in 6 months who quit her studies because the realized that she did it to feel worthy. :) 

Edited by Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj

Hallå

@Joseph Maynor This has happened to me as well. I was a crazy crazy focused autodidact like you were. When I saw what it is & where it's coming from, how it works in the physical limited sense was not very interesting anymore. If you're sad about not having the passion for knowledge assimilation anymore, I suggest a creative hobby like an instrument. I find the experience of playing guitar and singing enhancing to my spirituality. It takes some time in, but I vote it 's worth it. ❤️ 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE