Shadz

Dual Perspective Of The Yolo Mindset ...

2 posts in this topic

What is the YOLO mindset about ? To my knowledge, YOLO is an acronym that represents "You only live once". This attitude towards living life would usually pertain to reckless and mindless behaviour done based on the assumption that you have 'one life to live'. However, there are fundamentally two sides to everything and YOLO can be seen from two perspectives; 1. Destructive(Foolish) 2. Constructive(Wise)

The destructive perspective, of course, concerns the foolish and reckless endangerment of oneself and other persons. Activities including raving, orgies, mind masturbation etc. This YOLO perspective feels great in the short term with devastating effects in the long term. Fundamentally, this perspective is extremely insidious to  health of the individual in all aspects. On the other, the constructive  YOLO concerns fundamentally self-development. Activities of course, include creative work, self transformation etc. Long term fulfillment is the major benefit of this perspective on life, in the short term you will feel the most emotional obstacles but if you make the effort to push past them ... fulfillment is always awaiting.B|

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell

-Thomas Fuller

@Shadz I know a lot of people that have the YOLO attitude, to me it seems that they use the distructive one as a justification, mainly with unhealthy eating. I like your view on the constructive variant, that is why contemplatingdeath is so effective.