Damir Elezi

What Is 100% Responsibility?

10 posts in this topic

Leo used to preach that one should take 100% responsibility for one's life, even if the person is not completely to blame for his life situation. I watched the videos but didn't get it yet, what is the difference between responsibility and fault/blame? Can someone elaborate?

3 hours ago, Damir Elezi said:

what is the difference between responsibility and fault/blame?

Here's what i learned:

Blaming is like you do when you hate getting the credit of an unwanted situation that just happened. It could be because someone else caused it and it "feels" inappropriate to blame yourself. e.g. how you were raised, the funeral of somebody, the accident. It was like a default mechanism of people with low consciousness. Pointing fingers to others and not you. The negative feeling they feel seems like the fault of others.

Responsibility is like you being "unaffected" whether you caused a situation or not. Like you don't treat a situation as good or bad. You don't moralize other people or things or situations. It was just how you respond to it. See and feel your emotions. It was like having this kind of awareness of the situation, big picture, and you just want to find out how to solve the problem, find better alternatives, or how to not make it worse. Hating things or hating people will just make it worse (if you're mindful about it). know that it is a skill to take 100% responsibility.

If one accepts the self/ego does not exist and there is no free will, it  becomes necessary to define the terms “I” and “you”. 

To me now,  responsibility is accepting that personal physiology, shaped by genetics and life experience, and external input produced a specific output.

Yet I also acknowledge that this concept is based on very lttle understanding of factors that influence human behavior.

@Mad Max @mathieu So you're basically saying it's looking for the reason of circumstances in oneself without judgement of any kind and then taking responsibility to solve problems on your own, and not hoping for others to solve it for you?

Suffering does not come from any given situation.

It comes because of your thoughts about the situation.

Therefore take full responsibility for all the suffering that you experience.

44 minutes ago, Damir Elezi said:

@Mad Max @mathieu So you're basically saying it's looking for the reason of circumstances in oneself without judgement of any kind and then taking responsibility to solve problems on your own, and not hoping for others to solve it for you?

sounds like a self-sacrifice. others might not help to solve it because they are AFRAID to take 100% responsibility, because it takes a radical self honesty and awareness to see the big picture. People like to play the blame game, and pointing fingers.

You need also to admit that you too co-created the situation before it came into your perception, at least in how you perceive it. So lets say, if your fiance was raped, how you act on it? Would you get angry to the rapist? Man! Honestly, it's very hard to not get angry! that's why it takes high degrees of awareness and enormous courage to look at all perspectives to do that. would you able to at least empathize on the rapist when all you feel is pain? 

Response-ability.  You always have the ability to decide how to respond even though you might not control everything.  You always have response-ability.  I got this from one of Leo's videos.  It's a useful way to think about it.  It's memorable to me.

@Damir Elezi are you responsible for placing fault/blame? So who really is at fault?

Edited by Brimstone

Everything that happens in your reality is ultimately a creation sparked from your own consciousness. Once you take 100% responsibility you start to be in control again of where and how it shifts and will be able to solve the puzzle and flow with it much easier.

The deeper you dwell into self the more you realize there is ultimately only one, You.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E