egoless

Meditation For Enlightenment

39 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, egoless said:

Can specific meditation technique be more effective then self inquiry?

@egoless All meditation techniques are there for one purpose. To aid you in the surrender of the illusion of the individual self. To bring you into full realization of what you really are behind the mask of self that you have created out of nothing. To break the illusion that 'you' exist as a somebody. You could do that this moment if you choose to. What I'm saying is, don't be waiting for some magical thing to happen at some future time or at another place through any meditation technique. Only you can make it happen and it only ever happens in the moment of now. You will see that when it does happen. You will say 'I was looking all over for it and it was right in front of me the whole time'. It's all you! Nothing else can show you what you are. Only you can do that.

Here is a good example. Take skydiving for instance. Meditation can be seen as the vehicle (airplane) that aids you to your objective. But it's you and you only that decides when it's time to jump. I'm saying this through direct experience of my own. I meditated for years waiting for the meditation to make something happen. And nothing did until one day I took a leap of faith on my own and Boom! there it was the whole time. I was riding the airplane for years but I wasn't jumping out into the all important free fall. I didn't realize I had to consciously jump on my own and take the leap of faith. Maybe I thought the airplane (meditation) was going to do the jumping for me?  haha Wrong!:D 

*The effectiveness of any meditation is totally your responsibility.

2 hours ago, egoless said:

Guided Meditation - The Next Level Of Meditation

@Leo Gura thank you very much for this video - meditation felt so good! Is this the best meditation technique for Enlightenment purpose? Which techniques are best other then self inquiry? Can specific meditation technique be more effective then self inquiry?

@egolessThere really is no "best" or "fastest" technique to enlightenment. Its all personal preferences. Try them out and decide for yourself mate! 

I personally like the Do Nothing technique combined with Strong Determination Sitting. 

Also, combining meditation with self inquiry also seems to work well for me. When i've build up enough focus/concentration with my meditation, its "easier" to do the self inquiry in the same session. So I usualy sit for 60 mins: 30 mins meditation/30 mins self inquiry. Basically 50/50. Try this one out for sure!

The art is to look without looking 

3 hours ago, cetus56 said:

And nothing did until one day I took a leap of faith on my own and Boom! there it was the whole time. I was riding the airplane for years but I wasn't jumping out into the all important free fall. I didn't realize I had to consciously jump on my own and take the leap of faith. Maybe I thought the airplane (meditation) was going to do the jumping for me?  haha Wrong!:D 

I know it's probably needless to ask, but I can't deny it to my ego nevertheless :D 

how do you 'take a leap of faith'? how do I decide to just jump?

whatever arises, love that

1 hour ago, phoenix666 said:

I know it's probably needless to ask, but I can't deny it to my ego nevertheless :D 

how do you 'take a leap of faith'? how do I decide to just jump?

@phoenix666 Your right. It can take years, or even a lifetime to wear the ego down. That all depends on you. But if you want enlightenment bad enough. And have searched every corner of the mind in a futile attempt to find it there. The ego at some point will finally give in and surrender fully. In a way, when we start this journey, it is the doing of the ego making it happen. 'I'm on the road to becoming enlightened'xD. And in a sense you are. But it doesn't happen on your terms. No No No Not quite. This universe is much wiser than you and has already got you by the balls. You just don't know it yet. When you surrender you realize what is really happening here. And you see through the illusion of the ego and the spell it has placed over you. And it's true that you can't deny the ego. It's always going to be there. You learn to live with it. But you find that it's just something very insignificant happing in the grand scheme of things. It's just there doing it's little thing. In other words, it no longer defines what you are.

@cetus56 For many years, my experience with meditation was that of an "observer". I.e. observing thoughts without judgement. It seemed to be beyond the ego and I would often say things like "My ego is saying/wanting XXX" as if it was a separate entity. Yet, I hadn't realized my ego was still had an illusionary sense of control. The was an unconscious sense that "I" could return anytime it wanted. "I" could get up and stretch if needed. "I" could conceptualize if "I" wanted. "I" could get up and leave if "I" needed to change the scenery. It wasn't until my first 4-aco trip that that "I" was removed. "I" couldn't do anything even if "I" wanted to. It was a place 25 yrs of meditation didn't bring me. "I" struggled against surrender and it was frightening and insightful. Afterwards, there was a sense of "whoa, wtf just happened?". There was no *knowing* anything. Then "I" started to re-create itself with memories and beliefs.

To me, a strong trip is like skydiving. The "I" is powerless and not in control of the flight down. As much as "I" may want to stop the experience "I" cannot. Yet during meditation, I've never felt the impetus for the same level of surrender. There is always a background sense of comfort/control that "I" can stop or change the experience if "I" wanted to.

@Serotoninluv Haha I guess the 4-aco gave you just the final push you needed to get you out the door and into freefall.

Just now, Serotoninluv said:

@cetus56 Yep and "I" did not like it one bit. . .

You nailed it there. We want enlightenment but we avoid the accompanying growth pains at all costs. I been there and never realized what was so wrong about my practice the whole time.

@cetus56 the more I read, hear, think, there more I have the feeling 'I get it, I get it'. but it's just concepts in my head, just an idea, I am at least aware of that. I know that the intellectual understanding won't help me.. can even be a further obstacle. I know it's just something the mind is grasping on, in order to keep on creating the illusion of self. it really seems frustrating. like the system is too perfect, the deception is too ingenious to get through. xD

but there is something that calms and reassures me. (it's rather new, a feeling I got some weeks ago. and I think it's getting stronger) it feels like a very solid trust I have deep inside. like that on some level or at least a part of me knows that it is all an illusion: the self, my willpower. sometimes I just think 'relax, who the fuck cares? wherever I am, I am at exact the point I need to be now. I think I have free will, but I don't. whatever happens with my mind, needs to happen. and it will be ok. somehow, everything will fall into place.' then I become very calm and relaxed. sometimes I think it is my destiny to have an awakening one day, at some point of my life. that really keeps me motivated.

thank you for your description! I really enjoyed reading your words <3

@phoenix666 Sweet! That's the right direction. See- all the answers are already there. Read books. Listen to masters. But it's all in you already. The masters are only trying to awaken what is already present in you.

@cetus56 Exactly. "I" wants enlightenment. And when "I" approached the door to enlightenment and told it could not enter - that "I" threw a fit. For me, it was all fun and games until that "I" faced the truth that it is nothing and irrelevant. . . All my thinking to make sense of reality is my ego trying to have a seat at the table and be relevant.

Edited by Serotoninluv

@cetus56 I know, it's probably right under my nose xD

“What is hardest of all? That which seems most simple: to see with your eyes what is before your eyes.”― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

thank you, I will!

@phoenix666 I'm in a similar place. Feeling anxiety when the reality that "I" has no free will appears. I.e. what would happen if "I" am not in control? What if this mysterious entity acted on harmful impulses? . . . As I let go, trust is slowly building.

If the ego and thoughts are part of everything, part of the whole being - it feels weird that my being is trying to convince itself through the ego that its OK to surrender itself to itself.

Edited by Serotoninluv

The ego thinks it's playing a game of hide and seek from the truth. And winning at it's game. But sooner or later, truth always uncovers your hiding place. I found you! :D  

@Serotoninluv but exactly that thought ( I am not in control, infinity/god/nothingness is acting through me and creating a false sense of self in my mind ) is making me feel really calm and peaceful. like I can lay back and that one day everything is going to click. but it's still very abstract and heavily based on intellectual concept. nothing I have really felt

I probably need a real kick in the ass, come right face to face with a reality which erases my 'I'. like the experience you described with 4-aco. I guess that would really take my understanding to another level. and make me feel all the fear and panic :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, phoenix666 said:

hell yes! 

@phoenix666 Are you sure your really ready? If I push you. Will you push me?