Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Maynor

Practices For Increasing Awareness, And How Enlightenment Is Only Progressed By Increasing Awareness

1 post in this topic

And how theory doesn't do jack for you.  Only Awareness alone is truly curative.

How does Awareness affect the dream, and how does this differ from Free-Will?  

How does Meditation and/or Psychedelics affect and/or increase Awareness?

How do we explain the relation between increasing Awareness and improving the dream?  There seems to be a causal relationship here.  How do we explain this?  Increasing Awareness does what exactly?  Give us the Mechanics of Awareness!  There's your title too.

Fundamental Principle of Enlightenment -- Increasing Awareness improves the dream. 

Now, how do we defend this principle with Awareness alone?  I think we can, but give us your take.  I won't hide the ball -- I think it's as simple as less suffering, which can be perceived in the moment.  Being is aware of less painful emotions and less monkey-mind.  Conceptualize that however you want, the phenomenological content is much more important here than the thought-story component is.  What is felt can be directly known by Being alone.  But how do we explain the causal relationship between Awareness and improved dream though Leo?  This seems to be a kind of law, or thought-story that is indeed true, which is not a mere sensation or perception, although it may be considered a generalization of such.  I'll let you tell us.

How does the ornery mind play a role in all this?

How do we build our AWARENESS MUSCLES!  Why do we need awareness muscles to begin with?  What is resisting awareness?  HOW DO WE PRACTICE AWARENESS?

There seems to be a tension between "Awareness alone is curative" and "Your only job in life is to accept reality the way it is fully".  The former implies that change is possible and can actually be controlled.  The latter implies that no change is possible, even through Awareness.  How are these stories reconciled?  Humor us.

Videos on point:

Edited by Joseph Maynor