Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Laputan Machine

Short, Scrawny And Insecure About It

13 posts in this topic

So as the title suggests, i have severe body image issues. I don't feel like, nor have i ever felt like i am physically attractive. i've been told that i am pretty or have nice features by my exes and some other people but i honestly consider myself at best below average. i don't even care if i am the most beautiful person in the world because i realize that this is something that is coming in from the inside and if i were to have sixpacks on my triceps and be 6'13(way above 2 meters for my euro friends), i'd still feel insecure about my looks so how can i possibly deal with that? as of right now, the only thing that i can say i'm doing to deal with that is going to the gym

I've been having the same issue bro, to be honest with you I'm always measuring myself with a tape measure and comparing my height to that of celebrities to make sure I'm not below average height so women find me attractive, but I am xD.  But then I realized I only do this because I want to seem attractive to others and get girls.

But, you have to realize that this is just something you don't really require in life, life is so rich and so beautiful you don't need any of these distractions. Enjoy reality for what it is, and realize that there are things that are far more important/profound than having sex.  This can be found through meditation. 

I know you must feel sad/frustrated too, but just accept yourself for who you are. Love yourself, because no one else will love you like you will. What I suggest you do is do is watch the vid below; do the exercise daily and meditate daily and that should solve the problem bro.  Also watch some Rupert Spira.

Really hope you can overcome this I know how bad it can feel <3 

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

Hey. So maybe this is one of the gifts I was made to give to the world. But no one can tell you that small eyes or large eyes or a long face or short face or black skin or white skin is more beautiful. You were made to bring your type of beauty to world both physically and with your personality and soul. When other people say things like you are ugly, that's because they are socially conditioned to believe that some features are more beautiful than others; it is completely about them. Everyone is equally beautiful on different ways. Maybe weight or clear skin or those kind of things, age I find myself, affect It but nothing else. Start believing it.

Edited by BobbyLowell

@The Monk danke schon <3 i'm still worried about other aspects of life in which i know that my height will be a much more noticeable disadvantage. for example, i want to get back into martial arts(used to do aikido when i was a kid, was good at it) and it's a noticeable disadvantage to be short in MA. all that stuff about tall people being slower is bullshit, they're just as fast as you are but have more reach. that said, i don't think i should worry about that right now, i'll worry about my height making me a shit martial artist when i'll start grinding for the black belt.

@Laputan Machine lol, what about Connor Mcgregor, he is considered small. He's my height 

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

@The Monk that's MMA, no? different from what i wanna do. i'm more interested aikido, HEMA, maybe do kendo and wushu at some point in the distant future if my MA career gets going.

Edited by Laputan Machine

@Laputan Machine boxing, kick-boxing, MMA all got several weight classes. So size is not that relevant. 

How much do you weigh? 

You are from Russia right? These sports are big in Russia. 

Edited by SFRL

@SFRL that's exactly why i said that it's a different thing from what i want to do. there are, of course, weight categories in aikido and wushu for obvious reasons but swordfighting based MAs throw the notion out of the window. in those, being tall is absolutely an advantage because you gain reach without any real disadvantage. hell, i've even read what some medieval fencing masters had to say on the matter and the agree that being tall is an advantage in fencing.

i weigh around 50 kilos and my height is 1.65 meters, so ~100 pounds and ~5'4. however i am very strong for my build so that's something that i should probably take pride in.

i was born there :P i don't live there anymore, it's too much of a poophole. i currently reside in the heart of the jewish empire, israel, so i am kind of considering adding krav maga to the list because i like it for it's practicality and it's much-much easier to find a good instructor here because most are ex-IDF

thank you all for the thread, it really helped me deal with my burst of insecurity

1 hour ago, Laputan Machine said:

@SFRL that's exactly why i said that it's a different thing from what i want to do. there are, of course, weight categories in aikido and wushu for obvious reasons but swordfighting based MAs throw the notion out of the window. in those, being tall is absolutely an advantage because you gain reach without any real disadvantage. hell, i've even read what some medieval fencing masters had to say on the matter and the agree that being tall is an advantage in fencing.

i weigh around 50 kilos and my height is 1.65 meters, so ~100 pounds and ~5'4. however i am very strong for my build so that's something that i should probably take pride in.

i was born there :P i don't live there anymore, it's too much of a poophole. i currently reside in the heart of the jewish empire, israel, so i am kind of considering adding krav maga to the list because i like it for it's practicality and it's much-much easier to find a good instructor here because most are ex-IDF

thank you all for the thread, it really helped me deal with my burst of insecurity

Honestly boxing is very practical. All it takes for 9/10 people is one or two punches in the face and it's done. 

50 kg makes you a Flyweight in boxing. You can even put on 2 lbs of muscle. 

Martial arts and even Krav Maga is too much hocus pocus in my opinion. Although as far as Krav Maga goes you may get the most hardcore least watered down version since you are in Israel, I don't know. 

I tried some Escrima (Fighting with two sticks) I thought that was a lot of fun. I think my boxing background helped since it's two handed. 

If you look for some info to kick ass in life as a little gremlin you should check out RSD Tyler on YouTube. He basically looks like your Avatar. 

Also I expect you to change your Avatar to a Chihuahua now ? Advice ain't free you know. 

Edited by SFRL

@Laputan Machine You have ex-gfs.  Isn't that validation right there?  Obviously, somebody finds you attractive.  Just not the whole world.  Which is just like the rest of us.

@SFRL i don't really like pure boxing, can't explain it but i am simply biased towards other MAs :P

the thing about most MAs is that they actually are a lot of hocus pocus in terms of self defense. when you learn aikido you also learn how to defend yourself from a katana and how practical is that gonna be in the real world? the only bladed weapon you're likely to encounter is a knife. krav maga isn't bullshit though, at least as far as i can tell. it's more like a martial art that is based solely around you not getting your ass kicked. SAS are very no-nonsense and they teach their guys krav maga over any other MA so i think that's enough proof of it's usefulness.

will check him out, thanks! pretty sure i wouldn't want to meet someone who's like the guy from my avatar though, i chose him specifically because he's someone i wouldnt want to be like.

i have a sphynx cat, they look more gremlin-y than any other animal!

@smd not really. i don't expect the whole world to like me because i know that no matter how much attention i get, it's the internal workings of the process that i need to look into and not how the outside world reacts to me.

Everything bad brings along something good. 

Looks to me like insecurities are somewhat good for your health, i'm not and can never motivate myself to go to the work out.  

But do hope you're able to resolve it.If nothing else at least suffering makes you stronger.