Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
egoless

Indica Weed For Enlightenment?

8 posts in this topic

Do you think weed (especially indicas) can be used to practice self enquiry and other Enlightenment insights? If yes, how do you recommend to use it? Some Indica weed is really strong.

Definitely a boon for self-inquiry and contemplation.  Weed has a tendency to make you philosophical too, which can lead you into the weeds -- so you gotta make sure your inquiry and contemplation stay within the bounds of use for enlightenment.  It doesn't have to be Indo, any weed works.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Definitely a boon for self-inquiry and contemplation.  Weed has a tendency to make you philosophical too, which can lead you into the weeds -- so you gotta make sure your inquiry and contemplation stay within the bounds of use for enlightenment.  It doesn't have to be Indo, any weed works.

Any instructional video or guide of how to use weed for Enlightenment? I found snow white to be one of the strongest ones. It's more like a hybrid but it has amazing effects

9 minutes ago, egoless said:

Any instructional video or guide of how to use weed for Enlightenment? I found snow white to be one of the strongest ones. It's more like a hybrid but it has amazing effects

Weed is no substitute for Psychedelics.  If what you're looking for is an experience of ego-death, I don't think weed can give you that.  But for study, contemplation work, self-inquiry, meditation -- that's where weed can be very useful.  Weed is like the philosopher's drug.  Psychedelics are in a whole different category from weed, and have a different function and use.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

19 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Weed is no substitute for Psychedelics.  If what you're looking for is an experience of ego-death, I don't think weed can give you that.  But for study, contemplation work, self-inquiry, meditation -- that's where weed can be very useful.  Weed is like the philosopher's drug.  Psychedelics are in a whole different category from weed, and have a different function and use.

Should I meditate or self enquiry like I normally do while being high?

@egolessYeah just do either mediation or inquiry like you normally would. Weed can be great for either, but if your a recreational user then you'll lose the spiritual power from it. I'd recommend to space it out, like only smoke once every two weeks or ideally once a month. If you can do that then your practices could go deep whenever you do smoke. 

9 hours ago, nightrider1435 said:

@egolessYeah just do either mediation or inquiry like you normally would. Weed can be great for either, but if your a recreational user then you'll lose the spiritual power from it. I'd recommend to space it out, like only smoke once every two weeks or ideally once a month. If you can do that then your practices could go deep whenever you do smoke. 

I tried to but I couldn't... blueberry  + white snow was too strong maybe. Everytime I tried to stay present and look for myself I lost concentration. And I had memory gaps. But I managed to write down some important insights Which naturally came to me until I forgot them.

Edited by egoless

Depends on the person really, i can get mild psychedelic experiences from cannabis especially when ingested(edible form) has a much more deep/psychedelic nature than smoked or other methods. I have experienced from weed almost all things you can experience with other psychedelics besides DMT. The less often the more profound the effect it seems.

After spiritual awakenings weed changes forever and becomes much more psychedelic, after DMT it was like cleaning a window from the first time you smoked after an enlightening experience. Overuse of cannabis and psychedelics can deplete spiritual energy/awareness that i must mention as i am pretty much living proof.

Well it was not entirely that, paired with the crazy world we living and trying to find balance between worlds you can lose yourself again if you become too careless but eventually you will be slingshot back even further thus the more permanent the next wave usually is.

Balance is key :)

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E