1 hour ago, Mad Max said:

Makes you weak and scawny

6c197fb8b3e9e7435f51ce98672fcf53--vegan-vegetarian-go-vegan.jpgvegans-are-stupid.jpg

7 hours ago, Truth Seekah said:

6c197fb8b3e9e7435f51ce98672fcf53--vegan-vegetarian-go-vegan.jpgvegans-are-stupid.jpg

Where is Hitler in this picture? I can't find him. 

Also Charles Mason is missing. 

And Pol Pot.

Why does this matter? It doesn't.

Edited by SFRL

I'm sure he was being sarcastic to the question lol

There are close to no cons when you eat what nature intended you to eat.

Obviously cooking destroys important Enzymes needed for optimal delivery of nutrients and communication of information within the body but its a lot better than meat and dairy.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

No of course not, I just wonder - is it really healthy for the body to live without all the essential elements only meat has?

It's funny. I would have said a couple months ago that there are basically no cons to cutting out meat from the diet. All those vegan-propaganda documentaries like Forks Over Knives and What the Health bash animal products and really convinced me that they're all bad. Then, going even further, all the raw vegans/fruitarians say that even cooked food is harmful to the body. They talk about these fuzzy concepts like acid/alkaline balance, mucus/immune response to cooked food, detoxification, and species-specific diets - from sources dating back almost 100 years (I'm looking at you, Arnold Ehret). Then they top it off with the spiritual reasons for doing it, how it helps to raise the kundalini and all that.

There's no convincing them that their way may not be the only way. I was one of them. I wouldn't listen to my family and friends, even when my hair was falling out, my muscles were wasting (lost 20 lbs total from already being a skinny 130lbs), I was endlessly tired, had no libido, and was breaking out like crazy. Noo, but it's detox, they say. So I kept going. Five months later...

I lost my motivation to do anything besides prepare meals and think about the next ones. I isolated myself because all those other people out there were "impure" and didn't resonate with my agenda of purity. But then I snapped one day and had to go home because I probably would have died if I didn't. I reached the point where I had a hard time forming coherent sentences. That's when I knew it was time to try animal products again.

So I started eating local pastured eggs. Instantly my energy came back. My hair's strength returned. My libido returned. Then I ate local grass-fed beef, and that's when the rest returned to me. I hopped aboard the ketogenic/Bulletproof diet and have been at it ever since. It's working pretty dang well for me. I gained back those twenty pounds in a matter of weeks, and actually have the motivation to exercise and lift weights again.

Okay, ramblings aside. The point is, you just have to test drive these diets for yourself. It's very useful to educate yourself on the subject of diet, but you're going to find conflicting information all over the place. That's the nature of the beast. We're frugivores, we're carnivores. We should cook our food to avoid lectins, we shouldn't cook our food to obtain the maximum amount of biophotons.

Don't just take anyone's word that you should eat X and avoid Y. Try them. Do you feel good after eating X? How about Y? Brain fog and bloating? Or clarity and energy? 

I happen to think that everyone's digestive tract is a little different. Some do really well with a little meat in the diet (I'm one of them), and some do better with lighter proteins like legumes. Some people thrive on a vegetarian, vegan, or even raw vegan diet. At least right now, I'm not one of them, though I wish I could. 

Another benefit of this approach is that you can take what works from one diet and combine it with another. I'm glad I went through the vegan phase, because now I have a much larger appreciation for eating quality vegetables. In fact, they're a main staple of my diet, moreso than the animal products at the moment. I also realized that gluten and pretty much all grains give me deadly gas and mood swings, so I tend to stay away. Oh, and most dairy makes me break out. 

So as the gurus say. Don't take my word for it. Use your direct experience. A good lesson for all domains of life. On a final note, don't take diet too seriously. It's not the end-all-be-all to health.

Cheers, friend.

Edited by jjer94

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

Vegetarians tend to look very young even in their 40s-50s thats what I observed.

There is a lot a pros.

Cons for me was that too much stress about eating, it took way too much time and energy for me because im lousy cook and i wanted to eat as clean as possible. I also ate a bit too little, because i have some stomach issues, i like to fast.

But 80% vegan for me and 10-20% no vegan is what i found good for me.

I think that it's better to go to the gym and eat healthy. For instance, I workout on a daily basis, taking phentermine + diet. I am struggling with my fat for a long time. I attend Tomfit gym here in New Zealand (moved 2 years ago) and follow weight watchers diet. +I stopped drinking alcohol. In such way I managed to lose 10 kg per month :)

Alot of what happens to you has to do with your mind, what you expect and how you have been trained without knowing it. - this makes for very complex variables, so I cant speak for other people. I have experimented with all sorts of foods. I am very disciplined so I can implement changes and overcome temporary setbacks until I understand the effects of a diet over a long enough period of time as my body gets used to it. In general the food we have been eating is processes, laced with chemicles, and poor quality. But its all we have so we get used to it. When I  decided to dedicate alot of time to get some other options happening and experiment I was able to learn alot about how foods effect my body. Changing the diet is worth while - you can learn new ways may be helpful in your life. But it is good to understand that the body and mind have gotten used to what you have been doing so you may find resistance both mental and physical. Being open and adaptable helps make your personal investigation more profound. I like to experiment with diet because through experimentation I have greatly improved my understanding of this daily and important activity. Food changes your health, food is medicine, food can also deteriorate health and be toxic. I do agree that for me cleansing the body is real and beneficial, just like cleaning a motor, or a house. The foods that clean are fruits like citrus, lots of water in the morning before eating, greens, sprouts,  teas. Neutral foods that dont toxify or clean are rice, cerials, vegies, fruits. Foods that can add a burden to the body if over used are dairy, meat, alchol, cake, industrial snacks etc. This is very general information, I am going to try to keep it short here. So it has been good to alternate between a ¨normal¨ industrial world diet and a cleansing diet from time to time. I also want to add that wild plants are 10 times better than store bought, eg. nettles. Garden food is much better than grocery store food too. Including wild meat or fish ( from clean waters) if you can get them. Through fasting and cleansing diets I have experienced benefits to my body and mind. The skin cleans up and becomes softer, the organs get a rest and refresh. The eyes begin to see clearer and brighter colour. The mind becomes more peaceful, less overly energized, more appreciative and peaceful, even blissful and spiritual because of cleansing. I began to feel my digestive system and sense the effect of each food on it, through cleansing. This gives me motivation to eat not only for the toung but for the whole body. Socially I learned to politely decline foods I dont want, I have never enjoyed alchol so am used to not wanting it. I began to think things like ,¨ I know what icecream is like I have had it many times I dont need it now.¨ I have become weaker during cleansing this is expected, and I quickly recover when eating again. Now I am eating meat 1 to 4 times per month, 700ml of water in the morning first thing, fruit smoothie 1 hour later, garden and wild plant salads every day, a little dairy 5 times per month nothing too strict, just what I have learned makes a good balance. I dont dring pop, smoke,eat alot of dairy, meat or highly processed foods.  I am 43 years old people say I look 30, I am very energetic and strong. I will take time to do some fasting in the spring to clear up the normal winter build up of industrial chemicals in the body. Get to know how foods effect your body

On 24/9/2017 at 7:04 AM, Monkey-man said:

Vegetarians tend to look very young even in their 40s-50s thats what I observed.

True, people tell me I look young all the time, I was in the  immigrations office this week and they mistook my 17 year old daughter for my wife Iam 43! It happens to us all the time!  - though I eat a small amount of meat and dairy sometimes. Not only a good diet helps but having done lots of fasting cleanses too strips off the wear and tear. As well not worrying is key. Not that I am trying to look young it just happens as a result of my choices

On 9/25/2017 at 10:39 PM, Outer said:

Farts smell because you're increasing gas production yet eating animal products which contain sulfur-like compounds creating the smell. Once you stop eating animal products I think it'll be gone. It's your god damn meat.

You'll be sitting less on the toilet as you can poop easier with all of the dietary fiber you're eating. It's good for the bacteria in the gut and the intestines themselves.

Regarding strength, you can be strong on a vegan diet.

185 kg Snatch

220 kg Clean & Jerk

340 kg Deadlift

You seen these?

B R E A T H E

On 22/09/2017 at 8:33 AM, Monkey-man said:

Pros and cons? For health.

If you are living a sedentary lifestyle then following a vegetarian diet isnt going to make much of a difference. Without mobility and excercise your body won't see the need to absorb all the good nutrients from a vegetarian diet and the food will pass through unused. My advice would be to combine a vegetarian with some sort of excercise (at a minimum).

On 9/24/2017 at 6:04 AM, Monkey-man said:

I eat some organic poultry and wild-caught fish, and like an organic egg here and there and some quality butter and cheese. But the majority of my diet is fresh food from the earth - veggies, fruit, nuts, seeds, roots like turmeric and ginger, non-gluten grains like buckwheat, quinoa, rice, etc. And I do drink plenty of alkaline water through the day for edequate hydration. I agree that food we consume affects how we look. There would be less free radical damage and that damage is what makes body age faster.