harisankartj

Give Your Best Description Of Being .

15 posts in this topic

I know , i know ..it can't be conceptualized. But why don't we embrace the linguist in us and ATTEMPT to put the unimaginable into "words" ?

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

@sgn I thought you put an image up that hadn't loaded for me and thought "I can't see anything" and as I continued to scroll down it hit me "oh" haha! :) 

Essence

definition from the freedictionary.com:

the characteristic or intrinsic feature of a thing, which determines its identity; fundamental nature

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/essence

definition by Google:

the intrinsic nature or indispensable quality of something, especially something abstract, which determines its character.

14 hours ago, Saarah said:

@sgn I thought you put an image up that hadn't loaded for me and thought "I can't see anything" and as I continued to scroll down it hit me "oh" haha! :) 

xD

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

A human being consists of a body and self/soul. The soul is the Self, the One, infinite and where our sense of identity comes from. That's the whole point of spirituality almost, to find our true self and grow as that, aka the Soul. The Soul is not born nor will it die, it is what will transform/ascend us to the afterlife when we (body) dies, it's what will make the journey to the ultimate destination, our meeting with our and everything's Creator aka God

I think Leo described it like this, which is very cool -- Pure, transparent, empty awareness.

So, I am pure, transparent, empty awareness.  Being that is Being.  Of course, these words can only serve to point.

So, let's fix this right now -- ready!  Ok.

I am kinda sorta like pure, transparent, empty awareness.  There!  Fixed.

This video gets at your question:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Dance/Flow

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@harisankartj It's very hard to give a description of it. Echkart Tolle himself said this, thus it is more vital that you get in touch with being, but it's like being it touch with reality in a magical way, similar to how a fascinated/ curious child is. Hence, it a state that is very blissful. 

That's why @sgn has literally written nothing. So it is clear that you will find that the deeper you get in to spiritual work the harder it will be to explain to others not doing the same work. 

That's why it's explaining spirituality is paradoxical! And sounds so contradictory!

Edited by The Monk

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

Alright folks!  Drumroll . . . . . . . . . . . !!  

BEING = Non-symbolic, un-centered, empty awareness of fleeting sensations in the moment.

Non-symbolic -- a symbol is real but not the thing that it represents.

Un-centered means that awareness doesn't have a point of perception.

Empty means that awareness is not the content of awareness.

Sensations include thoughts.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:31 AM, harisankartj said:

I know , i know ..it can't be conceptualized. But why don't we embrace the linguist in us and ATTEMPT to put the unimaginable into "words" ?

Based on my glimpses of being - this would be like trying to explain *seeing*. I can't explain it. I just do it.

Nisargadatta Maharaj says I am That. I say I am This. Who is right and who is wrong? It depends who is asking. ;) 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)