Siim Land

How To Not Get Sick This Winter

16 posts in this topic

You can’t protect yourself against all germs and diseases but what you can do is boost your immune system

1. Intermittent Fasting - mild oxidative stress causes hormesis and bolsters your tolerance to biological stressors
  2. Cold Exposure - Exposure to cold also triggers hormesis to a large degree — you’re physically adapting to lower temperatures, thus increasing your immune system’s tolerance for the cold and other harmful stimuli.
  3. Stimulate the Lymph System - Cold exposure also stimulates the lymphatic system. Other strategies are yoga, heat saunas, massage and foam rolling.
  4. Get Enough Micros - Eating a healthy whole foods based diet should be the foundation but you can still develop some micronutrient deficiencies. Vitamin D is the biggest one, magnesium, selenium, omega3s, zinc and iron are other ones
  5. Wash Your Hands - Proper hygiene is crucial for avoiding infections and viruses. Avoid public rest rooms and don't touch metals or coins
  6. Reduce Cortisol - Although hormesis can be seen as a positive adaptation to stress too much stress is still bad for you. Hormesis follows a very dose specific pattern and you never want to go too far because it will lead to under-adaptation.
  7. Think Positively - In one study, participants who had heightened activity in a region of the brain associated with a positive attitude produced greater amounts of flu antibodies.
  8. Avoid Toxins - Things like alcohol, tobacco, and drugs are obviously bad for your health and damage your immune system.
  9. Anti-inflammatory compounds - ginger, turmeric, ginseng, garlic, coconut oil, glutathione, and colloidal silver are great

Check out the video!

Stay Empowered

Siim

Edited by Siim Land
Bolded some text

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

One of the best things i have learned is the power of the mind. Even when i was unhealthy i would say to myself i never get sick and only when i had the slightest doubt i would when i was in pure belief nothing could enter my field. Pair that with those tips above and you will live forever!

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@pluto Yes, Bruce Lipton's work on epigenetics quite literally proves this - genes lie dormant until they get turned on. We control our gene expression with our thoughts, actions and perception. Biology of Belief is an amazing book

@Marinus Thank you!

@YaNanNallari Yes, even though cold exposure is good for the immune system, I still try to protect my head and neck from direct wind and cold because the thyroid gland is quite vulnerable to these types of things and it's not worth it.

@Mad Max You'll turn into a white walker :D

Body Mind Empowerment 

I'm taking Proviotic (vegan), i'll make a report if it works after. Later I'll eat some mushrooms like shiitake or reishi that are really goot boosting the immune system.

And of course the daily multivitaminic.

Cold exposure his not very good for me, due to my hands having really bad circulation when my core gets colder, but I have tried cold showers they're not bad.

:D

@Siim Land

On 9/20/2017 at 1:53 PM, Siim Land said:

You can’t protect yourself against all germs and diseases but what you can do is boost your immune system

1. Intermittent Fasting - mild oxidative stress causes hormesis and bolsters your tolerance to biological stressors
  2. Cold Exposure - Exposure to cold also triggers hormesis to a large degree — you’re physically adapting to lower temperatures, thus increasing your immune system’s tolerance for the cold and other harmful stimuli.
  3. Stimulate the Lymph System - Cold exposure also stimulates the lymphatic system. Other strategies are yoga, heat saunas, massage and foam rolling.
  4. Get Enough Micros - Eating a healthy whole foods based diet should be the foundation but you can still develop some micronutrient deficiencies. Vitamin D is the biggest one, magnesium, selenium, omega3s, zinc and iron are other ones
  5. Wash Your Hands - Proper hygiene is crucial for avoiding infections and viruses. Avoid public rest rooms and don't touch metals or coins
  6. Reduce Cortisol - Although hormesis can be seen as a positive adaptation to stress too much stress is still bad for you. Hormesis follows a very dose specific pattern and you never want to go too far because it will lead to under-adaptation.
  7. Think Positively - In one study, participants who had heightened activity in a region of the brain associated with a positive attitude produced greater amounts of flu antibodies.
  8. Avoid Toxins - Things like alcohol, tobacco, and drugs are obviously bad for your health and damage your immune system.
  9. Anti-inflammatory compounds - ginger, turmeric, ginseng, garlic, coconut oil, glutathione, and colloidal silver are great

Check out the video!

Stay Empowered

Siim

Good tips :)

However, you may want to do some more research into your germ theory and what the "flu" actually is.

If you need to wash your hands constantly to keep away from "sickness," how healthy are you really?

Dis-ease, the "flu," and the "cold" are bodily processes.

Viruses and infections don't stand a chance in a healthy human body.

Cheers.

How to not get sick - ever

Go plant based and Eat what nature designed for you in the first place. Besides myself everyone i know who went plant-based or mostly plant-based stopped becoming sick and haven't been for years. - Says enough for me.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@ppfeiff For sure, you don't want to get rid of all germs. Your gut is full of bacteria and the immune system is directly connected to the health of your microbiome. What's more, being exposed to viruses and disease intermittently builds up your body's resistance to it through hormesis. Small doses of poison and toxicity is beneficial for the organism long-term

@pluto I agree that nutrition is the foundation to health. With that being said, food is only the attributing aspect i.e. more micronutrients, stronger immune system and reduced inflammation. Any diet could give the same results if it keeps inflammation in check and other biomarkers optimal. I mean, you can eat extremely clean but have other toxic habits that would undermine all the work, whereas someone can eat junk food, exercise, get better sleep, do more conscious breathing etc and be healthier and more vibrant

Body Mind Empowerment 

@Siim Land Love it!

...maybe some immune boosters too? (medicinal/ adaptogenic mushrooms & herbs like reshi or astragalus), and probiotics like kefir or sauerkraut :)

What's been working well for me these days (child in germy preschool) is just mega doses of vitamin c for many days after I feel anything trying to invade... between 1000-1,500mg a few times per day....

@Epiphany_Inspired I love Chaga and other polypores with bone broth. Every day treat

As far as vitamin C goes, I don't think it's a good idea to supplement a ton of antioxidants because your body builds an intolerance to dealing with stress. You need small doses of hormesis to become more resilient. Antioxidant supplementation can actually have a reversed effect on longevity. But taking some vitamin C in some cases can be okay but not every day

Body Mind Empowerment 

Cold showers are incredible! And eating the right food too, vegetarian/vegan

I miss you old friend, see you in 2 months !

xXXA3aX.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 9/21/2017 at 0:00 PM, pluto said:

One of the best things i have learned is the power of the mind. Even when i was unhealthy i would say to myself i never get sick and only when i had the slightest doubt i would when i was in pure belief nothing could enter my field. Pair that with those tips above and you will live forever!

this